Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Officejet 5740 e-All-in-One Printer
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

My printer no longer will Scan to email. I get a server connection error. My printer is connected via wireless to the Internet. - I verified that.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for responding.  My printer Utility doesn't have a Web Services tab - see pic below.  The fix for me was to download HP Smart from the Mac App Store and set up a Shortcut in the app to scan then send an email.

The apps I had before HP Smart were:

HP Scan  Version 4.6.0 (36)  -  doesn’t have an option to send a scan to email. After Scanning, your option is to print or send it to a file on the computer.

HP Scan pic.jpeg

 HP Utility  Version 5.37.1 (1789) no longer has a working scan to email icon at bottom. Scan to computer icon at the bottom doesn’t work in the HP Utility app. Scan to computer does work on the printer's control screen

HP Utility pic.jpeg

HP Smart  Version 13.2.1 (563)  I stumbled on the fact that you can Scan to email by setting up a Shortcut

HP Smart pic 1.jpeg

HP Smart Shortcuts pic.jpeg

 I still can't use the printer control screen to select  Home/Scan/Email

The HP Smart Shortcut method is a workaround. It's not nearly as efficient as selecting Scan to email on the printer's control screen.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

The HP Utility can reach the Ink Supply Store when I select the Supplies button, and we still get replacement ink cartridges automatically from HP. I cannot figure out how to get the Scan to email function to work anymore. Did HP do away with that service?

HP Recommended

My HP Utility is version Version 5.37.1 (1789). In All Settings, there's no longer a Scan to email, or a scan to Network icon. So there's no setup available. I suspect HP took away the mail server that we were using and did away with that feature of the All-in-one printer ... thanks HP

HP Recommended

@pgoodwin2

Welcome to the HP support community.

I am glad to assist you to fix the web service connection error on your printer.

Follow these steps to fix the issue.

Turn On Web Services

• Make sure the printer is connected to a wired (Ethernet) or wireless network with an active internet connection.

NOTE: 

If you connect your printer to a computer with a USB cable, web-connected printing services do not work.

• If your printer is connected with a wired (Ethernet) connection, check the cable and the lights on the printer’s Ethernet  port. The green link light should be steady, and the orange activity light should blink when the cable is connected.

• If your printer is connected with a wireless connection, make sure the wireless feature is on and the printer is connected to the same network as your computer.

Some printers have a wireless icon  and a blue light on the front of the printer. If the printer has a blue light, and the light is on and not blinking, your printer is connected.

• Print a Network configuration or Wireless Network Test Results page using button combinations on the printer control panel.

• For HP  ENVY 6000 touch and hold the Information button until all control panel buttons light up, and then touch the Information and Resume buttons at the same time.

• Find the printer IP address on the printout.

Example of a printer IP address.

• Type the printer IP address into the browser address line, and then press Enter.

NOTE: 

Make sure to type the IP address into the internet browser's address box. If typed into a toolbar search box or search engine, the EWS does not open.

• If a login or certificate window displays, complete the information to finish opening the EWS.

• If a website security certificate displays, click Continue to open the EWS.

• If a login window opens, type admin for the username, and then type the PIN found on the printer UPC sticker located underneath or on the back of the printer, or the password set by the printer administrator.

Example printer UPC sticker with PIN

• On the EWS, click the Web Services tab.

• If the tab is not available, your printer does not support Web Services.

• If a summary page displays, Web Services is already on.

Example of clicking Print Info Page.

• If a setup page displays, follow the prompts to turn on Web Services.

NOTE: 

If you cannot turn on Web Services, make sure the printer firmware is up-to-date. For more information, go to Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware.

Example of the Web Services setup webpage

Refer to this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for responding.  My printer Utility doesn't have a Web Services tab - see pic below.  The fix for me was to download HP Smart from the Mac App Store and set up a Shortcut in the app to scan then send an email.

The apps I had before HP Smart were:

HP Scan  Version 4.6.0 (36)  -  doesn’t have an option to send a scan to email. After Scanning, your option is to print or send it to a file on the computer.

HP Scan pic.jpeg

 HP Utility  Version 5.37.1 (1789) no longer has a working scan to email icon at bottom. Scan to computer icon at the bottom doesn’t work in the HP Utility app. Scan to computer does work on the printer's control screen

HP Utility pic.jpeg

HP Smart  Version 13.2.1 (563)  I stumbled on the fact that you can Scan to email by setting up a Shortcut

HP Smart pic 1.jpeg

HP Smart Shortcuts pic.jpeg

 I still can't use the printer control screen to select  Home/Scan/Email

The HP Smart Shortcut method is a workaround. It's not nearly as efficient as selecting Scan to email on the printer's control screen.

HP Recommended

@pgoodwin2

This might require one on one interaction to fix the issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks. I’ll try that

HP Recommended

@pgoodwin2

Yes, you can try at your leisure.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I can't find "Show Options", and don't see the form you mention

When I select the country United States, I get this page:

HP_Support_page.jpeg

HP Recommended

@pgoodwin2

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.