Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am using the OfficeJet Pro 8710.  What I am experiencing at this time is that when I go to print an envelope, the top left name and address (the name and address of the sender) gets sliced in half.  I have tried to change the margins, lower the print entry, and even dropped the "print box" down on the envelope.  All with the same result - the return address entry is cut in half.  The odd thing is that when I click on the "Print" button in <File>, the screen shows a perfect envelope waiting to be printed.  But when I print, wallah.....the upper half of the senders information is missing.  Do I need to re-set something on my printer that is causing this?  Oh, just to let you know, printing other things like letters and such has no problems at all - they print just fine.  It's just the envelopes that seem to have a problem now (never used to) out of the blue......  Thank you for your anticipated help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Wishboy14 

====================================================================

Welcome to the HP Community.

Be Aware:

Do not respond to individuals who post phone numbers or email addresses.

Do not respond to individuals who ask you to provide private information in a public Post.

These people might be scammers trying to steal your information / money.

====================================================================

Load the envelopes according to the instructions in the User Guide

Pages 20-21

Pay attention to flap / rotation

Tell the printer about the paper and set the Preferences / Shortcut to Everyday printing

Retain_Printing_Preferences_1Retain_Printing_Preferences_1

When creating your envelope,

Consider setting up for a "Custom Size" envelope even if you are printing a standard / supported size.

Example

Rabbits_and_Chickens_Test_Envelope_10_5Rabbits_and_Chickens_Test_Envelope_10_5

If you are not using Mailings > Envelopes,

Word can be used to create / print a manual envelope setup.

You will need to set the paper size to that of the envelope.

Dragon-Fur_1-1616439642615.jpeg

Example 2 - Word - Manual Envelope - with Watermark (decoration)

Dragon-Fur_2-1616439683003.jpeg

What if?

Envelopes have rules about size - this limitation extends beyond that for supported custom size paper.

If an envelope is too small or the wrong shape (not allowed), for example, you might seen an error and a suggested correction for the size.

Rabbits_and_Chickens_Test_Envelope_Custom_1Rabbits_and_Chickens_Test_Envelope_Custom_1

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 All-in-One Printer series 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.