cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
Wishboy14
Level 2
20 9 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

PRINTER CUTS OFF SOME OF THE PRINT AT TOP......

HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am using the OfficeJet Pro 8710.  What I am experiencing at this time is that when I go to print an envelope, the top left name and address (the name and address of the sender) gets sliced in half.  I have tried to change the margins, lower the print entry, and even dropped the "print box" down on the envelope.  All with the same result - the return address entry is cut in half.  The odd thing is that when I click on the "Print" button in <File>, the screen shows a perfect envelope waiting to be printed.  But when I print, wallah.....the upper half of the senders information is missing.  Do I need to re-set something on my printer that is causing this?  Oh, just to let you know, printing other things like letters and such has no problems at all - they print just fine.  It's just the envelopes that seem to have a problem now (never used to) out of the blue......  Thank you for your anticipated help.

1 REPLY 1
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
30,872 30,576 2,793 10,245
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Wishboy14 

====================================================================

Welcome to the HP Community.

Be Aware:

Do not respond to individuals who post phone numbers or email addresses.

Do not respond to individuals who ask you to provide private information in a public Post.

These people might be scammers trying to steal your information / money.

====================================================================

Load the envelopes according to the instructions in the User Guide

Pages 20-21

Pay attention to flap / rotation

Tell the printer about the paper and set the Preferences / Shortcut to Everyday printing

Retain_Printing_Preferences_1Retain_Printing_Preferences_1

When creating your envelope,

Consider setting up for a "Custom Size" envelope even if you are printing a standard / supported size.

Example

Rabbits_and_Chickens_Test_Envelope_10_5Rabbits_and_Chickens_Test_Envelope_10_5

If you are not using Mailings > Envelopes,

Word can be used to create / print a manual envelope setup.

You will need to set the paper size to that of the envelope.

Dragon-Fur_1-1616439642615.jpeg

Example 2 - Word - Manual Envelope - with Watermark (decoration)

Dragon-Fur_2-1616439683003.jpeg

What if?

Envelopes have rules about size - this limitation extends beyond that for supported custom size paper.

If an envelope is too small or the wrong shape (not allowed), for example, you might seen an error and a suggested correction for the size.

Rabbits_and_Chickens_Test_Envelope_Custom_1Rabbits_and_Chickens_Test_Envelope_Custom_1

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 All-in-One Printer series 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation