Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9013
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought an HP OfficeJet Pro 9013 printer.

Its settings do not include mirroring.

However, when I want to print a scanned document 

Scanner previewScanner preview

and click on the "Print" icon in the scanner window - I see a preview of the print as a mirror image,

Mirror print previewMirror print preview

not how the document looks in the original.

I print a lot of scanned documents without saving them to my PC. Because of this bug, I cannot do this.

How do I fix this bug?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Dan_Gafni 

Forgive any egregious errors - I don't read Hebrew.

It appears that the HP Smart application Country / Language is set to an RTL reading.

That is, due to the country setting in the App, the format is tuned "Right-to-Left".

HP Smart might be flipping the form and the content because it thinks it should do so.

Example of the HP Smart Windows - Country / Language Setting

HP_Smart_W10_Printer_Settings_Information_1HP_Smart_W10_Printer_Settings_Information_1

Regardless, you can select to Edit > Crop > and then mirror /  flip the newly scanned document page.

Doing so might actually format the "print without save" portion of the job so the content prints correctly. 

Still sounds wrong...

If you wish to do so, try it...

Example - HP Smart - Windows - Scan - Document - Edit

HP_Smart_W10_Scan_Edit_Document_Set_4HP_Smart_W10_Scan_Edit_Document_Set_4

Next...

Edit > Crop options work similarly for both Document and Image Scans.

Document Edit set does include an extra option:  Markup (drawing on the scan with different colored "pens").

When I have a "Edit document" sample plate ready, I might edit this post and add the updated sample...

Example - HP Smart - Windows - Image - Edit Set

HP_Smart_W10_Scan_Edit_Image_Set_7HP_Smart_W10_Scan_Edit_Image_Set_7

Will that work?

It is something to consider / try...

OR

Edit >> Disregard this section ...

If the formatting is not due to the RTL language setting,

It is possible / likely that the application would benefit from

• Having the Full Feature Software / full driver printer software installed (ask if you want instruction / help)
  • Uninstalling the HP Smart app from Settings > Apps > Apps and Features > Restart computer > "Get" a fresh copy of the app from the Microsoft Store
  • Possibly "Restarting" the printer

Example

HP Printers - Printer Turns Off Unexpectedly or Repeatedly

Step 2: Restart the printer

Step 3: Update the Firmware

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP OfficeJet Pro 9013 All-in-One Printer 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Forgive me for jumping in @Dragon-Fur, I do read Hebrew 🤣

Generally, whenever you scan with the HP Smart app, the preview would be mirrored for this exact reason as @Dragon-Fur describes, due the RTL direction.

When you see the preview scan, save the file to your computer, then launch it and print the file, it will print perfectly normal then.

The issue would take a place while printing from within the HP Smart app, due the RTL direction indeed. the scan preview only and any saving would be with the expected results, then launch the file from your computer and print it.

When you print it directly from the HP Smart app this would occur due the direction and affect on your printout...

Cheers,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

@ShlomiL 

Thanks.

I would guess in most cases, the setup would work.

This form includes both English (LTR) and Hebrew (RTL).

Yes, there should be a flip "yes / no" switch for RTL languages, I think.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.