Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
07-21-2022 03:38 PM
My printer is an HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One Printer - E709n, and it recently it has stopped making copies.
I have tried to use the HP Virtual Assistant, but my printer's serial number come up as "invalid".
The HP Smart App does not have my printer listed so I can't use the app to upload firmware to fix the problem.
Is there a way to restore my printer's copying functionality?
Thanks in advance!
07-27-2022 12:18 PM
Welcome to the HP support community.
I understand that your printer is not printing blank copies, I am glad to assist you.
Print a self-test report
Follow these steps to print a test page.
- Press the Power button () to turn on the product.
- Lift the output tray, and then move the paper guide outward as far as it can go.
- Figure : Lift the output tray and adjust the paper guide
- Load unused, plain white, U.S. letter or A4 size paper into the input tray.
- Figure : Load paper into the input tray
- Adjust the media guide until it rests against the side of the paper, and then lower the output tray.
- Figure : Adjust the media guide
- Press the Setup button ().
- Press the Right Arrow () until the screen displays Print Report, and then press the OK button.
- Press the OK button again to print the test-page.
Let me know how it goes.
If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community