Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 7855
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After scanning 20+ pages through the ADF and the message: "Scanning complete", the printer cannot send the pdf to the pre-selected e-mail address. Tried twice, same problem. WIFI connection is operational.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Bart70,

I'd like to help!

There is a file size limitation may be dependable on the email that you are using e.g. some email only allows a maximum of 5MB attachments. There isn't an actual page limit. It is really a file size limit. This is like attachment size limits with emails. In general, 10MB is considered safe for the maximum size of an email. If you have a large document or there are a lot of pictures, it may be best to scan to the computer first. You will have the ability to reduce the quality (file size) or to use a third-party program to compress or Zip the file. Then you can send the document via email.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info, just 20 page pdf so the size is not impressive. It is also frustrating that after scannen and the sending error, the scan file is also gone and you need to start re-scanning again. I understand the scan-to-computer but work laptops do not allow that and besides, the function should just work.

HP Recommended

I understand, but that is a limitation with the setup. 

If the email is sent the scanned images are not saved to the printer to be reused.

Hope this helps!

Keep me posted!

HP Recommended

That is the problem, the e-mail was not send. It should have given me the option to re-try sending it. Does the protocol wait for a delivery confirmation from the e-mail server? If not, than how does the printer know the process was incomplete?

HP Recommended

You would receive a pop-up on the printer stating "email sent with a green check", that's how we know that the email sent.

Have you not received messages like that earlier?

Have tried to send smaller files?

Let me know!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.