Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart C4480
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

20210112_144505.jpgHi I have problem with HP Solution Center I can't do anything printing, scanning when I connect my printer its an open HP Solution Center like that and I get this information the program is incompatible, and yesterday I was printing and scanning.

Pleas for help

2021-01-12.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Bondiuel 

@JacekGaz 

@Treasure1010 

==============================================================

Welcome to the HP Community.

Reminder to those reading:

Do NOT respond to vermin who post phone numbers or email addresses.

HP does not post phone numbers or email in Community messages.

Flash Player is permanently disabled as of 12-Jan-2021.

The HP Solution center software is based on Flash:

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

A couple of solutions:

HP Scan and Capture - Microsoft Store (formally Windows Store) - Requires Windows 8 or higher

Example

Scan_and_Capture_Document_Settings_1Scan_and_Capture_Document_Settings_1Scan_and_Capture_0AScan_and_Capture_0A

and

What else?

@ShlomiL has recommended that HP Scan Extended apparently still works for scanning.

This is good news - I did not know whether the HPSE is dependent on the Flash component.

The Caveat:  HPSE is dependent on the Full Feature Software (previously "HP Solution Center") - if you uninstall the solution center, you may not be able to reinstall it (since the old Solution Center depends on Flash).

Assuming you still have your solution center (full feature software) installed...

HP Scan Extended

• Download-Save-Install >  HP Scan Extended 
  • HPSE is a subset an older Full Feature Software suite. 
  • HPSE features are very similar to the HP Scan Software released after 2015.
  • Although HPSE appears to be a separate software, HPSE is dependent on the infrastructure provided by the Full Feature Software.  The Full Feature Software for your printer should be installed before installing and using HPSE.
  • OPTIONAL:  Add HP Scan Extended shortcut to Taskbar / Send to Desktop / Pin to Start
    • Open File Explorer > Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP Scan Extended\bin
    • Right-Click HPScan.exe > Select Pin to Taskbar
    • Right-Click HPScan.exe > Select Send to Desktop (Create a Shortcut)
    • Right-Click HPScan.exe > Select Pin to Start

• HP Scan Extended features include (and are not limited to): Single, Multiple scans, Image and PDF scans, Email as PDF / JPEG, Source selection, Page Size choices include Auto-Detect (extracts image / document boundary).  Might include OCR (Save as Editable Text).

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not a business group of HP..

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi, I have done a little digging and there are ways to scan via windows itself.  Not perfect but it means you don't have to replace your printer.  I found this on YouTube and there are many others Scan from an HP Printer in Windows 10 | HP Printers | HP - YouTube.  I hope it helps.

HP Recommended

yes thank you but this is not a solution because I cannot scan documents

HP Recommended

Same here. Yesterday it worked, today it's on the blink and the same screen shows. I uninstalled and reinstalled the HP programmes, and nothing changed. Of course, there is no e-mail contact with HP support... Anybody have any ideas???

HP Recommended

@Bondiuel 

@JacekGaz 

@Treasure1010 

Welcome to the HP Community.

Reminder to those reading:

Do NOT respond to vermin who post phone numbers or email addresses.

HP does not post phone numbers or email in Community messages.

Flash Player is permanently disabled as of 12-Jan-2021.

The HP Solution center software is based on Flash:

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

A couple of solutions:

HP Scan and Capture - Microsoft Store (formally Windows Store) - Requires Windows 8 or higher

Example

Scan_and_Capture_Document_Settings_1Scan_and_Capture_Document_Settings_1Scan_and_Capture_0AScan_and_Capture_0A

and

What else?

@ShlomiL has recommended that HP Scan Extended apparently still works for scanning.

This is good news - I did not know whether the HPSE is dependent on the Flash component.

The Caveat:  HPSE is dependent on the Full Feature Software (previously "HP Solution Center") - if you uninstall the solution center, you may not be able to reinstall it (since the old Solution Center depends on Flash).

Assuming you still have your solution center (full feature software) installed...

HP Scan Extended

• Download-Save-Install >  HP Scan Extended 
  • HPSE is a subset an older Full Feature Software suite. 
  • HPSE features are very similar to the HP Scan Software released after 2015.
  • Although HPSE appears to be a separate software, HPSE is dependent on the infrastructure provided by the Full Feature Software.  The Full Feature Software for your printer should be installed before installing and using HPSE.
  • OPTIONAL:  Add HP Scan Extended shortcut to Taskbar / Send to Desktop / Pin to Start
    • Open File Explorer > Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP Scan Extended\bin
    • Right-Click HPScan.exe > Select Pin to Taskbar
    • Right-Click HPScan.exe > Select Send to Desktop (Create a Shortcut)
    • Right-Click HPScan.exe > Select Pin to Start

• HP Scan Extended features include (and are not limited to): Single, Multiple scans, Image and PDF scans, Email as PDF / JPEG, Source selection, Page Size choices include Auto-Detect (extracts image / document boundary).  Might include OCR (Save as Editable Text).

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not a business group of HP..

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I thank you for that, it worked

HP Recommended

If you're trying to open the original HP scan software application that is part of Solution Centre, you can open the application hpiscnapp.exe in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\ as a workaround.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.