Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Laser MFP 137fnw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear community,

I can't scan to computer directly from the scanner.

If I press the scan-button and choose "scan to wsd" I can choose my pc, it's listed with the correct name. But if I then press "OK" nothing happens...

What works:

- printing from LAN and WLAN

- scanning with several scanning tools and apps from pc (Windows scanning app, NAPS,...)

- printing from my mobile devices (smartphone and tablet)

- configure the scanner in Windows-Settings/scanners and cams/ --> I can configure the scanning profiles, the properties of the scanner...and so on.

But there's no way to scan a document directly from the panel on the printer.

So, I have the same problem as described here: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Wireless-Networking-Internet/Scan-to-WSD/m-p/7845143/highlight...

The reference given by HP Expert Shlomi (p 88 of the manual) (here https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Wireless-Networking-Internet/Scan-to-WSD/m-p/7845417/highlight...did not help me (driver is installed correctly) and is also not satisfactory:

"Also, be aware that scanning with WSD is more limited, only supports picture scanning and does not offer any document formats such as PDF or multiple pages scanning to a single file."

Even with my old Samsung Printer/Scanner it was possible to default-save scans multipe pages into a single PDF. It seems like a software issue that needs to be fixed.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Malte01

Welcome to the HP support community.

Are you getting any error messages?

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.