Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

Hello Echo, I thought when I saw the subject line you might be able to help me too, but since you couldn't solve his problem you won't be able to solve mine, and HP support won't talk to me because my printer is out of warranty. I am really sorry but this printer is a piece of cr*p. I keep getting errors telling me its out of paper when it isn't, it says there's a paper jam when there isn't, it tells me it's shutting down and after 15 minutes when it hasn't, I unplug it and plug it back in and then get scolded by the machine for not shutting it down properly. The truly frustrating part is that early today, by some miracle, it printed normally. Now 10 hours later, it won't print at all, it just sits there after I hit Print on the document. To add insult to injury, it won't even scan to a PDF, only a JPG (after a recent software upgrade - it used to do give me a file format choice), and there is no setting option to change it. I think its time fora new non-HP printer. My printer is a 6950 and its not that old and not even used often, it looks brand new. Ironically I don't ever print in color, only b/w but not enough to justify and laser printer. I don't expect you to solve anything, I'm in the middle of a critical print job and by the time you read this I'll have a new non-HP printer. Maybe you can pass this message on the engineers, maybe not, I really don't care.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.