Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 6230 Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is quite a long post but please bear with me, as I'm at the end of my tether. For 4 weeks now, I've been trying to fix the scan and copy functions of my HP 6230. I have ideleted, reinstalled, updated drivers more times than I can remember.  Tried the work rounds suggested by HP after the Adobe fiasco. I have read every post on this forum that I can find over the last 6 months that remotely resemble anything like my problems - I have tried EVERYTHING.
Oddly, the printer seems to have become 2 printers in one - a HP6200 and prints wonderfully. The scanner and copier function is a HP6230 (which is what the 3 in 1 printer, copier and scanner was purchased as (unfortunately for me 16 months ago). The HP6230 is shows all the correct information re serial number, etc. But none of the scan and copy apps work witht it. But it will happily print on the HP6200 persona of the HP6230. When I look at the HP Smart App it tells me that the HP6230 is out of paper, which it is not.
The Scan Doctor said that it was okay for scanning (even though it wasn't working),  but after reinstalling software, it stopped working past WIA stage. I took the appropriate action to resolve the stuck in Starting mode but as soon as I restarted the computer - it got stuck in Starting mode again.
One really irksome problem that is deletion and reinstalling make the printer advice HP Instant Ink that I'm not subscribed. Even though I've being paying them every month for ink I don't use because I'm a pretty much paperless home office.  The only way you can get to speak to HP Instant Ink is by actually cancelling the subscription and you'll get a telephone number to call in the email. The brisk young lady told me that the problem lay with Web Services.... I did everything she asked me to do. That connected me to me to Instant Ink allowed me to print test pages again. But it still wont copy or scan. Just a black page. But the reinstalling of the printer which tells HP Instant Ink that I don't subscribe effectively stops proper trouble-shooting.
The camera unit goes back and forth fine.
The printer tells me that it is up to date software-wise. And I can understand why it might not scan using the printer keypad using it as a standalone because there is some interaction required with the computer/laptop (it works for printing for both mine and my husbands laptops, my desktop and and iPhone and a Samsung phone... but not for scanning.
What I can't understand is why it won't work indepentently as a copier using the keypad, as this requires no interaction with the pc.
This is the 4th HP Printer I've had and each one has had a shorter life than the last. This one is going to the tip as soon as I can get there with it and I will never buy another HP Printer again. Unless - it could be that there is a magic solution to this that someone has come across and I will be happy because I don't like to have to chuck out what should be a perfectly serviceable piece of kit after only 16 months. It offends my eco friendly self and it's certainly hit my pocket and will do buying a new one.
Many thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@FerdyFox, Welcome to HP Support Community!

We shall escalate this issue to the concerned team.

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.