Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8715
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Recently moved and since the move have been unable to scan and directly send document via email. Error given is Username or password is incorrect. Make sure both user account and password are valid.  Not sure where to go in and change/update this information. Not sure why I have to because all I did was move physical locations, not emails, lol. Anyone have any suggestions how to get this fixed?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

What email service do you use? please let me know this information as a beginning.

My first idea would be about security, it is possible that your mail service has blocked the connection due to identifying unusual access from the new location, this would make the most sense to cause a such.

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I use gmail as my email service. 

HP Recommended

Hi,
A such may occur due to your Google account security settings.

First, open the following link and login to the same account as you set for the printer.

Note: if you are connected, sign out from your account, select your account and manually enter the password to ensure you indeed use the correct password, then click on Security from the left pane:
https://myaccount.google.com/security

First, review the recent activity link in this page.

Within the Signing in to Google section, check the "2-Step Verification" velue.

If it is set as "On", create and use an App-Specific Password with the printer:

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en

If it is set as "Off", Within the Less secure app access section ensure that the feature is on.

If it is Off, click on Turn on access (not recommended) and toggle on the feature. Otherwise the verification will fail.
Once you are done run a test for the outgoing user profile and check if the problem been resolved.

Regards,
Shlomi

HP Recommended

This does not seem to be the problem.

I've had this problem in the past and I called in for assistance. The associate had me log into my printer's setting from a website and re-enter the password for the email my printer should be sending to. For the life of me I can't remember how to do this.

Here is a Screen shot of the message I get when I choose Scan>Email>Start Scan.IMG_8734.jpg

HP Recommended

Or would resetting the whole printer to factory settings be the easiest and set it up as new? I'm totally fine doing this, but can't figure out how to.

HP Recommended

Hi,

That can be changed from the EWS page of the printer:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03862727

You shouldn't restore and reconfigure the settings, click Edit for the existing profile, and follow the steps by changing the email or password.

Shlomi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.