Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

OK, so here's what I was told after calling the Printer Support:

They are working with a skeletal crew and the eprint dept. & ICloud Dept are closed, however, this case is being escalated so they take a look at it right away. It seems the files our printers are sending are corrupt. The fact that it now sends from the hp8.us address is very concerning.

I got a Case# and they have all my contact info, including looking at this chain on the Community posts. I'm hoping to get a call or email soon to try to resolve this. It is a problem with the apps, which is the ICloud/Eprint center depts.

HP Recommended

Great News!!

Hopefully they will now fix it.  Yes this change is very concerning.  

Please keep us posted and thanks for your help!!

HP Recommended

Looks they fixed. Just tried it and got in a standard PDF format that I could open and save. Coming from an hp8.us email.

Yay! Thanks to everyone that kept posting and pushing on this

HP Recommended

Yes! I tried it too! It came thru as a PDF and I could open it fine! I haven't heard back from anyone at HP yet, but obviously they have been looking at the problem. It still comes from the weird address, but it's working at least! 

I will post on here if I hear anything from HP as to what the problem was and if the new address HP8.us is safe to continue to use. 

😄

HP Recommended

Is there anything I need to do in order to get the updated fix?  Or, is this all done automatically in the cloud?

HP Recommended

I didn't do anything....just scanned as normal as a test and it came in a new email address in a standard PDF format

HP Recommended

Yep is working for me too!!!  Let’s hope it stays working 😀

Persistences Prevails!!

Thanks Team!! Great job!!

HP Recommended

Good news ! It's working again with the right extension.pdf now.

Thanks !!!

HP Recommended

Scan to file coming in as Acrobat file . How do I change ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.