Did you mean: 
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Scan to SHared file on Mac OS 11

HP Recommended
MacBook Pro 13
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I cannot properly configure the print to shared network folder between my Laserjet MFP283DFW to my Mac.

I assume it's because the file path is incorrect.  - I have been using something like \\[Personal info removed(IP adress)]\Users\Phil\... etc - and the test keeps failing. I'm not sure I'm using the right syntax for the file path when setting up via my web browser.... 

Please help - or any solutions to my problem - ultimately, I would like to be saving all of this to an iCloud folder

thanks for your support/help!

Phil

1 REPLY 1
Level 17
Level 17
30,439 30,157 5,206 12,065
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Phil,

Generally, you should not use the full folder path for a share folder, but only the share name itself (e.g. \\10.0.0.1\scan for shared folder named as scan)

Please let me know if that help, or else what exact error is shown when you press the Save & Test button for your share profile.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation