Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M479fdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We just bought a HP LaserJet MFP M479dfw printer a few days ago. 

It was set up and all seems to work well – except that we cannot Scan to SharePoint – it gives us a "Protocol Error - Check your Network Settings" message.  I double-checked my credentials to access SharePoint with Microsoft.   I tried all of them without success.

From what I can see online, many people had/have the same issue.  It appears that he middleware/software that connects the printer to SharePoint/Office365 may not be ready for primetime - either it has some bugs or we, as users, are not entering the correct information for the Domain Name (SharePoint Domain), UserName and Password.  The "Protocol Error - Check your Network Settings" seems to be a message used for any type of error and therefore, we can not tell if the issue is with the SharePoint URL path, Domain, UserName or Password.

Thanks for any help,

Pierre

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

The printer supports scanning to a SharePoint server (on-premise), it does not support sharing to SharePoint 365.

You may find the information listed on page 83 of its user guide:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06320011

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Can one Scan to Google Docs ?

Thanks,

Pierre

HP Recommended

Finally, after talking to several support people at HP, I just found out that the Printer Scans to SharePoint (on-premises) ONLY.  Not the Office365 or Google Docs (even though the box and owner's manual mentions microsoft SharePoint)..........

HP Recommended

indeed, Microsoft Sharepoint is supported, not Sharepoint365, this is clearly listed.

For Google Drive, although your printer is not listed, you should likely be able to add the Google Drive app, either by adding the app directly from the Apps menu, or from the hpsmart.com site:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04707081

Shlomi

HP Recommended

OK, got it.

Thanks again,

Pierre

HP Recommended

You’re much welcome @Pierrot11211 🙂

HP Recommended

Although it is stated in the manual that sharepoint365 is not supported, this is not clearly mentioned on the box... As a non tech, just a customer I do not know the difference between Sharepoint and sharepoint 365.

You should put it on the box. That said.

Is there a work around?

HP Recommended

Hi

I don't know if this is any use to you but I am in a similar predicament and found this:

"....Don't know if you have resolved this issue or not but I faced the same issue with the exception of not having SharePoint on premise. Hopefully it will help others.

The scanners I had did not allow scanning directly to SharePoint. The method I used to solve the issue was using Scan to Email and 365's Power Automate and created a workflow as follows:

Scanners

1)      Add the email address that 365 will be monitoring to the address book. Call it SharePoint to make it easy for you and users to find.

2)      Configure email on the device and set the outgoing email address to something that will make sense. Like the name of the printer.

3)      Test the connection.

Power Automate

1)      Log into 365 as the user that will be receiving the emails from the printers

2)      Go to SharePoint and create the folders for scans

3)      Go to Power Automate and My Flows

4)      Click New and create from template

5)      The Template is “Save email attachments to a SharePoint document library”

6)      The next step will show you the permissions it needs to run the workflow. Click Continue.

7)      At the very Top it will give you the name of the workflow “Save my email attachments to a SharePoint document library”. Change that to something more useful.

7.5) Scroll down to “if yes” then “Check From email address”  Expand Condition and in the “choose a value” location enter the email address that the scanner is using to send the emails.

😎      Then go to “if Yes” then “Apply to each Attachment on the email” then “Create file”

9)      In site address click the down arrow and add the site

10)      In Folder Path click folder and go to Shared Documents and then the folder location you created for the scans.

11)      That is all you really need but there are more options like sending an email if there is an issue but the problem with that is who do you email? You will not know who scanned the document.

12)      Click save

13)      Just test now and make sure it works. First make sure the emails are being received from the printer then wait a few seconds and see if they are going into the SharePoint Folder.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.