Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8720
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Trying to scan to network folder, however keep getting incorrect credentials. I have followed all the steps

1. Shared Folder: Macintosh HD\Users\myusername\Scans

2. Folder is shared with SMB

3. Users have read and write access

4.  Network location 10.0.1.88

5. Display Name : Scans

6. Network Path: \\10.0.1.88\Scans

Also have used full network path

7. Network Path:\\10.0.1.88\Maintosh%20HD\Users\myusername\Scans

8. Username: myusername and other one created just for this called hp_printer. Both have permissions for folder read and write

9. Password: my login password or the one with Hp_printer username

10. No pins used

11. Save and Test: Incorrect Credentials. Check your username and try again.

12. Printer will print, copy, scan to email just fine. 

13, printer wireless is 10.0.1.66 

I have tried all combinations , but nothing is working. Is there special format for entering username? Any help is appreciated.

thanks Geoff 

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

@Gjbruce

Welcome to HP Support Forums.

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I understand that your HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 All-in-One Printer is unable to scan to a network folder. An error appears saying "incorrect credentials". However, the printer will print, copy, scan to email just fine. 

You have done a remarkable job in troubleshooting this issue.

In case this issue started after an update on the Mac OS, if you experience issues with authenticating or connecting to file shares on your Mac after you install Security Update 2017-001 for macOS High Sierra 10.13.1, follow these steps to repair file sharing:

1. Open the Terminal app, which is in the Utilities folder of your Applications folder.
  2. Type sudo /usr/libexec/configureLocalKDC and press Return. 
  3. Enter your administrator password and press Return.
  4. Quit the Terminal app. 

Please try to scan to the network folder and check the results. If the issue persists then I suggest you to re-setup the scan to network folder. The following steps will help:

• Touch the wireless icon on the printer to obtain the printer's IP address.
  • Type the IP address into the web browser and hit enter. This should open the EWS (Embedded Web Server) page of the printer. 
  • On the Home tab, click Network Folder Setup in the Setup box.
  • Click New, and then follow the onscreen instructions.
    NOTE: You can customize the scan settings for each destination folder.
  • After you have entered the required information about the network folder, click Save and Test to make sure the link to the network folder is working correctly. The entry is added to the Network Folder list.

You may click here to access the printer's user guide.

I genuinely hope this fixes the issue. Feel free to keep me posted.

All the best!

If you would like to thank us for the efforts to help you, feel free to mark this post as "Accept as solution". That’ll help everyone find the solution and help the community to grow.

HP Recommended

I am running High Sierra 10.13.6 so did not install Security Update 2017-001.  I did do the following as you stated

1. Open the Terminal app, which is in the Utilities folder of your Applications folder.
  2. Type sudo /usr/libexec/configureLocalKDC and press Return. 
  3. Enter your administrator password and press Return.
  4. Quit the Terminal app. 

Then tried to the steps to scan to network folder. 

However, the results are the same: "Incorrect Credentials" 

Any other suggestions? 

Thank you. 

HP Recommended

@Gjbruce

Thank you for replying with the results. I truly appreciate your efforts and patience. 

Did you try to re-setup the scan to network folder?

Let me know. Cheers! 

HP Recommended

Yes, I tried to re setup scan to folder and still received “Incorrect Credentials”...

other suggestions?

HP Recommended

This is the protocol that we used to perform Scan to Network Folder, can we check if you follow this instructions?

PLEASE ENSURE THAT FULLY QUALIFIED DOMAIN NAMES ARE USED FOR NETWORK PATHS, AND THAT

DOMAIN IS INCLUDED IN CONJUNCTION WITH USERNAME FOR AUTHENTICATION SETTINGS WHEN

UPDATING EXISTING SCAN TO NETWORK FOLDER PROFILES OR CREATING NEW SCAN TO NETWORK FOLDER

PROFILES.

EXAMPLES: Network Location Using Fully Qualified Domain Name:

\\machinename.domain.yourcorpname.net\scantonetworkfoldername\

Username including Domain Name:

DOMAIN\username

Say "Thanks" by clicking the blue Kudos star in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for the detail on using Domain\Username as creditentials when scanning to network folder.

I am using Mac 10.13.6 High Sierra. I have tried variation of my username.local as a Domain name, but that has not worked.

How do I find my Domain name? 

Thank you

HP Recommended

Sorry, I didn' t realize that you were using the MacOS for scan to network folder, the domain stuff supposed to works for Windows, not MAC.

Just curious, when you setup the network path for you folder, did you try with the <IP Address>\<folder name> ?

Say "Thanks" by clicking the blue Kudos star in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

Yes I have tried that network path. \\ip\foldername

still does not work and get incorrect credentials 

HP Recommended

Any other suggestions, still not working scan to network drive?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.