Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Officejet pro 8730
Unknown

Can't connect to my NetworkFolder.

Here is my setting:

\\Dominiques-iMac-5.local\MacIntosh\Users\(username)\Documents\NetworkFolder.

Try to test but had this:

The printer is unable to connect to the remote destination. Check your configuration and try again.

My NetworkFolder is set for sharing with full access.

What is wrong. Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Solve.

I use:\\IP address\networkFolder.

I retyped all my credentials and bingo! Tout va bien.

Thanks for your help Shlomil

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

From System Preferences open the Sharing settings and select File Sharing, then click the Sharing options button.

Ensure SMB is enabled and your user is checked for SMB in the table below.

Next, use the share path as \\Dominiques-iMac-5.local\NetworkFolder and check if that works.

If the test still fails, replace the computer name with it’ IP address.

To locate it click the Wi-Fi icon and select Network Preferences, within the active network profile locate the IP Address of your Mac.

May you see any difference?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Many thanks for your answer.

I had SMB already check.

I replace the computer name with it' IP address.

But now I have "Incorrect credentials" so I check my login username and password again but no luck.

I configure it using credentials of user currently signed in. Again no luck I got on the printer

"Unable to connect to the network. Check the network and try again"

HP Recommended

Thanks for clarifying,

May you see any difference while taking below steps?

Right-click the shared folder and select Get Info

At the bottom, under Sharing and Permissions ensure that your user name has full permissions, as well try temporarily providing Read & Write permissions for everyone and check.

Please let me know the results but don't keep everyone selected, this is only in order to get a better understanding of the results, without creating any security risk.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks Shlomil,

No success by changing permissions

HP Recommended

Solve.

I use:\\IP address\networkFolder.

I retyped all my credentials and bingo! Tout va bien.

Thanks for your help Shlomil

HP Recommended

This is awesome!

With a bit of help from here, I managed to achieve what HP Support couldn't - a solution!

Thanks, Dombev, for asking and answering

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.