Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8600
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Error message - scanner communication cannot be established.  Have run the HP Print and Scan Doctor and all shows to be fine.  What next?!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP forum.  We'd suggest that that your uninstall and reinstall the FULL feature software.

Please Uninstall and Reinstall the FULL feature software following these steps:

1. Download and save the FULL feature software (do not install it online)

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/identify?q=OfficeJet+Pro+8600&tool=s-002#Z7_3054ICK0...

Select your correct printer model, operating system and FULL feature software before downloading.

2. Uninstall the software in your computer
3. Install the FULL feature “Saved” software

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP forum.  We'd suggest that that your uninstall and reinstall the FULL feature software.

Please Uninstall and Reinstall the FULL feature software following these steps:

1. Download and save the FULL feature software (do not install it online)

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/identify?q=OfficeJet+Pro+8600&tool=s-002#Z7_3054ICK0...

Select your correct printer model, operating system and FULL feature software before downloading.

2. Uninstall the software in your computer
3. Install the FULL feature “Saved” software

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Hi!

I've struggled with this issue for a long time and couldn't find any solution for this on the web, so I dug through the registry myself and found the correct key name for the network scanner's IP address:

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-19\Software\Hewlett-Packard\DigitalImaging\NetworkScanners\***MAC ADDRESS WITHOUT COLONS***\IpAddress.

Set it to correct one and you good to go!

Probably this is not the 100% solution for every case but worth the try.

HP Recommended

Folks this process seemed to work to fix the communication between the PC and Printer for scanning.  I am running Windows 10.  I surmize the issue was likely that my OS is newer than Windows 7 which is what the HP Printer Software on the disk that came with the printer is designed to support.  Updates online probably have helped keep it going for awhile.  When I unistalled the software, I was not able to re-install via the disk because it is too old.  The download suggested here likely has all the updates and now I can scan fine.  Total time to fix was around 20 minutes.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

i tried this twice already and it still doesn't work.

HP Recommended

@JBR55

Hello,
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately, based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. I recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/forums/postpage

To be more helpful with your post, you may add key information if you wish:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A

2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit

3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows

4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.

If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message.

Thank you.

I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.