Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-20-2016 09:14 AM
Error message - scanner communication cannot be established. Have run the HP Print and Scan Doctor and all shows to be fine. What next?!
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-20-2016 07:39 PM
Thanks for using the HP forum. We'd suggest that that your uninstall and reinstall the FULL feature software.
Please Uninstall and Reinstall the FULL feature software following these steps:
1. Download and save the FULL feature software (do not install it online)
Select your correct printer model, operating system and FULL feature software before downloading.
2. Uninstall the software in your computer
3. Install the FULL feature “Saved” software
Hope that helps!
I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
11-14-2017 07:43 AM
I've struggled with this issue for a long time and couldn't find any solution for this on the web, so I dug through the registry myself and found the correct key name for the network scanner's IP address:
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-19\Software\Hewlett-Packard\DigitalImaging\NetworkScanners\***MAC ADDRESS WITHOUT COLONS***\IpAddress.
Set it to correct one and you good to go!
Probably this is not the 100% solution for every case but worth the try.
01-21-2018 11:38 AM
Folks this process seemed to work to fix the communication between the PC and Printer for scanning. I am running Windows 10. I surmize the issue was likely that my OS is newer than Windows 7 which is what the HP Printer Software on the disk that came with the printer is designed to support. Updates online probably have helped keep it going for awhile. When I unistalled the software, I was not able to re-install via the disk because it is too old. The download suggested here likely has all the updates and now I can scan fine. Total time to fix was around 20 minutes.
06-01-2019 10:41 AM
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately, based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. I recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/forums/postpage
To be more helpful with your post, you may add key information if you wish:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message.