Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
hp laser mfp 137fnw
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have this printer and it worked good for 1 day. 

The day after when i Scan, the light is very fast (it passes all the scanner glass in 3/4 seconds) but then i have to wait at least 30 seconds for for the software to render the page and so i can move to the next page. 

Also with the ADF, it eats the paper very fast, but then it stucks for  5/10 minutes rendering all the pages and it's frustrating. 

The printer is connected via USB, and the first day it it worked perfectly ( fast and smooth).

I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers and software, useless.

What can i do?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Luis84, Welcome to HP Support Community!

If the page your scanning is rather intricate, meaning it has a lot of text and photos on it, then the speed sounds about accurate from what you're describing. If you're just scanning a page of black text though, with no extra bells and whistles that does seem a bit odd.

• What happens when you print regular documents from the computer?
  • What happens when you make photocopies on the printer?

Meanwhile, Update the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. Refer to the document HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, sry if it's a bit since i wrote.

During this time, i:

- reinstalled driver. Nothing Change

- switched from USB to WIFI. It changed only the speed of ADF eating papers, not the rendering: the scan stop during rendering: the ADF eats HALF PAGE, then start to render, then proceed with other half page. But the rendering is still very slow.

- eliminated all USB cable extension cord, buoght a new USB gold-plated cable and connected directly to USB port on the back of the PC, nothing changed

- tried scanning from scanner glass and not from ADF. Nothing changed. Really is worst because i had to wait every single page to render before i can go on... 

- switched from color, grey scale, b&w, 600 dpi, 150 dpi and so on. Nothing changed

How is even possibile that the FIRST DAY it worked full speed, the time the ADF eated the second page the software already rendered the first. Now i had to wait 2/3 minutes for a document of 3 pages...

Answering your question:

• What happens when you print regular documents from the computer? It print almost immediately, no delay, tried with docx and pdf.
  • What happens when you make photocopies on the printer? It's fast, no delay

Thanks in advance for your help, and sorry for my bad english it's been a while since i practiced

HP Recommended

@Luis84

Thank you for posting back.

Let's run PSDR and click on fix scanning,

• Run HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and fix any driver issue
  • Click here to download the file. Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and click on 'Fix scanning.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.