Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet7740
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there, i have jsut purchased an Officejet 7740. Wonderful machine, however i seem to have this issue and am wondering if anyone else is having this issue :

When i put documents in the ADF and i click scan to computer, it doesn't load the documents, even thought it says documents loaded. When i say scan from the document feeder through the HP Smart software it works.

Copying from the ADF seems to be working, only when i select scan.

not sure if this is a software issue? can someone or especially HP please advise?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

From your PC, please search for HP and let me know the results.

Can you find the full feature software (HP Officejet Pro 7740) or only the HP Smart option?

This will likely occur due to lack of the HP software and using WSD scanning, please let me know the results.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi, i only have the Hp Smart option. i had a look at the webiste, but can't find the complete software.

HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Wide Format All-in-One Printer series Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Cust...

HP Recommended

Hi,

Follow HP Easy Start below, during the software Selection screen be sure to select the HP Basic or HP Full Feature Software option and complete the installation:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/COL96741/HPEasyStart_12_5_22.exe

Once done open the HP Software, click on Manage Scan to Computer and make sure the feature is enabled, and its exact name on the printer.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Hi, i did download the full, but when it came to regsitration, it kept on saying it could not connect, and i have booked marked the link but it takes u back to downloading the software.

HP Recommended

What is your Windows version?

Please make sure your operating system is fully up to date with the latest updates, repeat the process till no more updates are available:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/update-windows-10-3c5ae7fc-9fb6-9af1-1984-b5e0412c556a

Once any update was installed, open the Settings pane and select Apps, uninstall the HP Officejet Pro 7740 Basic Device Software and then reinstall the software and check for any change.

Shlomi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.