Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
photosmart premium all-in-one c309g
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have not used the scan feature for a while - the printer is working fine, it is also photo copying but tried the HP solution centre and that no longer works. Having searched the web I now know this is no longer supported. I have tried HP scan and caputre as well as windows fax and scan and the scan app in microsoft store - none want to recognise the printer. I have removed the printer from the computer (via control panel) I have removed the drivers. reinstalled the drivers that I found on the HP drivers site but still no joy, Have lost count of the amount of times I have powered teh laptop and printer off/on. Pulling my hair out thinking I am going to have to send photos of the document that I wanted to scan in. can you help me regain my sanity

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Finally fixed it - just one step missed 

Fix was

1.) In Windows,  opened Programs and features 
2.) Select my HP Printer 
3.) Selected Uninstall 
4.) In Windows, open Devices and printers (missed first time round)
5.) In the Devices and Printers windows found the printer. right-clicked on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ - cant remember the specific wording (missed first time round as step 4 not done)
6.) Opened up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7.) Typed printui.exe /s and clicked Ok. 
8.) Select the “Drivers” tab 
9.) looked for HP Printer driver. (this time round I did not see it - previous attempts I found it - skipped to 13)  If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 
10.)  Select Ok 
11.)  Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 
12.) Close Devices and Printers
13.) Restart the computer and download the full feature software Link:

So pleased - took me 3 days to figure though !!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Finally fixed it - just one step missed 

Fix was

1.) In Windows,  opened Programs and features 
2.) Select my HP Printer 
3.) Selected Uninstall 
4.) In Windows, open Devices and printers (missed first time round)
5.) In the Devices and Printers windows found the printer. right-clicked on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ - cant remember the specific wording (missed first time round as step 4 not done)
6.) Opened up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7.) Typed printui.exe /s and clicked Ok. 
8.) Select the “Drivers” tab 
9.) looked for HP Printer driver. (this time round I did not see it - previous attempts I found it - skipped to 13)  If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 
10.)  Select Ok 
11.)  Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 
12.) Close Devices and Printers
13.) Restart the computer and download the full feature software Link:

So pleased - took me 3 days to figure though !!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.