Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Hp officejet pro 9014
Android 9.0 Pie

I am not able to scan two sided scans, to my androide phone on hp smart app. I

works all fine on the computer when i use hp smart app.

Do someone know how to scan two sided on the hp smart app to phone? 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Baltasar94, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Currently, the app does not support duplex scanning. It was designed to support a variety of scanners/printer. This somewhat limits the options available and the 2-sided scanning is not supported.

Though you can't automatically duplex scan via HP Smart App, you can set up "Scan to Email" for your printer and send it to an email configured on your iOS device. You should be able to select Two-Sided scanning from the printer screen once scanning to an email is configured.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Okei, now i have problem with the configuration on scan to email. I have outlook email that i have found the smtp code and port. But when i configurate and test the email. There is comming fault that the server is down or not working. And thereby i can not scan to email. Do you have a solution for this? 

HP Recommended

@Baltasar94

Looks like an issue with Outlook, I'd suggest you contact Microsoft support for assistance.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please make sure you set the correct SMTP settings for outlook.com, as described in below support document from Microsoft:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/pop-imap-and-smtp-settings-for-outlook-com-d088b986-291d-42...

If that doesn't resolve the problem, from your printer homepage (EWS page), select the Network tab and then select IPv4 under your active network connection type, set a manual DNS address of 8.8.8.8 as the Primary one and 8.8.4.4 as the Secondary.

Now save the changes and return to the Scan tab, see if you may get any different results not while clicking the Save and Test button.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Yes i have the correct smtp, and now i tryed to put it in IPv4 and change the DNS as aou described. And then try to scan. Still getting server fault. Also tryed to test it when configurate and also getting server fault. Do you have any more suggestion?

HP Recommended

Could you please let me know the exact message received? To better understand any possible cause.

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

SMTP email server error. The server might be down or busy. Try again later. This i from hp EWS side. When testing

And when testing to scan from the printer (on the screen of the printer).

server failure. Try again later 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.