Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-04-2021 02:51 PM
Welcome to the HP Community.
See how-to instructions here:
References / Resources
HP Smart for Windows
HP Smart is an application available in the Microsoft Store
Learn how to use HP Smart on your Windows 10 computer.
Open the Software and Drivers Support Website for your printer > Check the Box Get the App
OR Open and Read >>> HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Windows 10)
- Disconnect from Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection before downloading.
- Turn on Wi-Fi on your computer or mobile device and connect to your network. If the computer is connected to the network with an Ethernet cable, temporarily disconnect the cable and use the Wi-Fi connection during the setup.
- HP Smart requires that you sign into the application using your HP Account credentials.
- HP Smart benefits (likes) having the Full Feature Software / full driver printer software installed. For example, full driver provides access to Shortcuts and Printing Preferences.
- Document includes the HP Smart application download links for Windows and Mobile devices, plus an FAQ section to assist with questions / issues.
- FAQ examples:
- What are the requirements to use the HP Smart app?
- Which printers are compatible with the HP Smart app?
- Why do I need to sign in or create an account to use the HP Smart app features?
- Which languages does the HP Smart app support?
- Older versions of the HP Smart app no longer support the required login feature.
- Update the application to the latest version to access / use HP Smart
- FAQ examples:
HP Smart (Mobile) - iOS and Android >>> Download, How-to, and FAQ
“Things that are your printer”
NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System
: Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more
When the website support page opens, Select (as available) aCategory > Topic > Subtopic
Printer and HP+ service
>>> Open your HP+ Printer Homepage > > Click link in the box
Note that Concierge assistance is only available for registered HP+ printers.
NOTE: Where available, the Homepage website for the non HP+ model includes any missing "Category" sections not found in the HP+ printer site. What? The “+” and “not +” printers are the same printer – HP+ is a benefit / service.
“Print Anywhere App” Supported on Select Printers
Step 3: Use Print Anywhere
Open Subsection: Private Pickup ( printers only)
Enable / Disable the service to hold the print job until the person who sent it is near the printer.
Thank you for participating in the HP Community.
The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.
Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.
Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community