Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Scanjet G4010 Photo Scanner
Microsoft Windows 11

I recently updated to the latest beta version of Windows 11 and now I am getting this error when attempting to scan using my HP Scanjet G4010 and the HP Scanning Software.

The program could not find any available destinations to which scans can be sent. try the following steps. Reboot the computer reinstall the hp photosmart software that came with the device.  Extended Information:  8, [(6, 0, -2147467262)]

When running the Scan Doctor I receive this message:

The HP scanning software may not be able to scan to the default destination because some required software is not available or is not working correctly.

The scanner works fine on my laptop, so the scanner is definitely working fine.  I've seen this issue in earlier posts from 6+ years ago.  Those solutions from 6 years ago did not help.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software.  I ran the HP Scan Doctor and received an error.  I chose to continue and set the destination and the scan succeeded, however, when I try to scan again, I receive the same error all over again.  Definitely an issue with the latest beta release version of Windows 11 (Build 22581.ni_release.220318-1623)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Generally the scanner is supported on Windows 10 or older operating system, it is incompatible with Windows 11.

Please try installing and scanning using  the HP Scan Extended application and check if that may work and allow scanning on a Windows 11 PC:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/scanners/HPScanExt/HPScanExt.msi

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Generally the scanner is supported on Windows 10 or older operating system, it is incompatible with Windows 11.

Please try installing and scanning using  the HP Scan Extended application and check if that may work and allow scanning on a Windows 11 PC:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/scanners/HPScanExt/HPScanExt.msi

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you Shlomil for your response.  The HP Scan Extended application works fine now in Windows 11.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.