Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
iOS

This occurs when trying to send a mobile fax through the HP smart app.

I am able to scan my document, but as it initiates the send/dial I get a pop up that says, "Dialing" page is "Something went wrong! It seems that an error has occurred before the sending process. Please, try to send your fax again." 

I have not changed any settings. I am connected to the internet, have reset the printer/fax (HP ENVY PRO 6458). I have stood on 1 foot while scratching my head and NOTHING works! I was able to scan the document and send it by a e-mail. 

I need fax capability back. HELP!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @DairyFax,
Welcome to HP Support Community. This is a great place to post questions and find answers.
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I see that you are facing issues with sending fax from HP Smart App.

Please follow the steps from this document.

Let me know if this helps and have a nice day ahead.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hi @Rainbow23,

Thanks for replying to my issue. We had located the document you referenced. That is the standard steps to faxing. Have been faxing without issues until last week when started to get the error after pressing the SEND - 

"Something went wrong! It seems that an error has occurred before the sending process. Please, try to send your fax again." 

The recipient’s fax never rings. I have validated the fax at the other end is working by dialing that number on a phone.

Any other suggestions to try?
HP Recommended

Hi @DairyFax,

Thank you for replying to us.

I suggest that you restore the printer to factory settings and then try to fax.

Please follow the steps listed below to restore the printer to the original factory defaults: 

1. Lift the cartridge access door to expose the cartridge area. 

2. While the cartridge access door is open, press and hold (the Power button) and Wireless button on the back of the printer for three seconds.

Take care and have a nice day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

I did a factory reset and I am still unable to fax and receiving the same error. I am able to scan and email documents. 

What next steps can I take?

HP Recommended

Hi @DairyFax,

As you have already tried all the troubleshooting steps, this could be a hardware issue with the unit and may need repair. We need to provide the solution to this issue in a private message as this information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message with this information. 

In order to access your private messages, click the Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link 

Keep me posted and have a great day ahead! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

After discussions on this post, speaking to tech support, who wanted to charge me for a tech fee before even finding out the issue, and then working with HP Smart App team - I resolved this issue on my own! 

I am pretty sure there is a glitch in the HP Smart App that blocks a fax from sending after the 2 year trial period, even though there is no way to buy a subscription or a need to buy a subscription to fax, since even the HP Smart App team indicated HP is not requiring or even selling fax subscriptions.

I had tried EVERYTHING! The HP SMART APP group sent out 2 updates..still not able to fax.

What did I do that can save you HOURS in fixing this issue? Set up a new HPSmart account up under a different email!!!!!! 

let’s get this issue resolved in the HP SMART APP! Please and thank you!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.