Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 6234 All-in-One Printer
iOS

I have an HP Envy Photo 6234 printer which I have been using with my iPad Air (iOS 12.5.5), which the HP Smart App installed, quite happily for the last 4 years.  I have been able to use the Copy and Printer Scan functions from the App with no problems, until just recently.  I did get a software update to the printer which installed without any apparent issues.  However although I can still print out documents I can no longer use the App to Copy or Scan.  I can use the control panel on the printer to copy documents so not being able to use the App for Copy isn’t too much of an issue.  However not being able to use Printer Scan is a significant problem. I know that the OS on my iPad is restricted to 12.5.5 and therefore the HP Smart App is at Version 8.2.1. When I open the App it comes up with the expected tiles and after a moment it picks up the status of the printer stating that it is Ready and provides the Estimated Supply Levels. All good so far. When I select Printer Scan the App states that it is Connecting to HP Services and the Getting Information.  It then presents me with a Create Account Sign In screen. Selecting Sign In causes the Connecting to HP Services message to appear again and it returns to the App home page.  Is there a fix/workaround for this issue?? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@RIckDod

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I'd love to help.

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the HP Smart App?

Let us know 🙂

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I haven’t tried an uninstall and reinstall of the HP Smart App as I’m concerned that as I have an older iPad, that can only run iOS 12.5.5, that I won’t be able reinstall the App, I’m currently using 8.2.1 of the App.  I can print from the iPad at the moment and i’d hate to lose that capability.  The change that occurred most recently was an update to the printer’s firmware.  It is currently on version PALMINPPXN003.2220B.00.  If I could revert back to the previous version of the printer firmware i’d be able to confirm if it was the App or the printer that was causing the problem.  I don’t know whether HP check their printer software updates against all the versions of the App, but there must be quite a lot of users stuck on  older devices like mine, would they be able to test the latest printer software against version 8.2.1 of the App?

HP Recommended

Remove any original documents or photos from the scanner glass.

Lift the scanner lid slightly, and then press the Copy button or icon.

Look at the scanner. The scanner bar should illuminate and travel across the length of the glass.

If the scanner light does not illuminate or move, it could be hardware issue.

Let us know 🙂

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers and did reply to you!

Thanks!

Have a great day! 

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.