Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

Since the other messages regarding this issue are quite old, I am posting this in the hope that there is now a fix. I am trying both a direct image capture program using a Mac (running Sonoma  14.4) and the HP Smart Print app. Neither will allow a scan but will scan a simple document. I have, of course, turned it off and on but now need an actual fix.  My printer is a HP Envy 6000 (B96985). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @JS70CH,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If you're experiencing difficulties scanning your passport with your HP Envy 6000 printer using a Mac or the HP Smart Print app, there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue:

1. Check Scanner Settings:

Ensure Passport is Positioned Correctly: Make sure your passport is properly aligned on the scanner glass. Passport pages may be smaller than standard paper sizes, so ensure it fits within the scanning area.

Adjust Scan Settings: Open the scanning software on your Mac or the HP Smart Print app and check the scan settings. Ensure that the settings are appropriate for scanning a passport, such as selecting color or grayscale mode and adjusting the resolution if necessary.

2. Update Drivers and Software:

Update HP Smart App: Make sure you have the latest version of the HP Smart Print app installed on your Mac. Check for updates in the App Store or download the latest version from the HP website.

Update Printer Drivers: Ensure that your printer drivers are up to date. Visit the HP website, enter your printer model, and download the latest drivers for macOS Sonoma 14.4. Install the drivers and restart your Mac if prompted.

3. Reset Printer and Mac:

Restart Printer: Turn off your HP Envy 6000 printer, unplug it from the power source, wait for a few minutes, then plug it back in and turn it on.

Restart Mac: Restart your Mac to refresh system settings and clear any temporary issues.

4. Check Scanner Compatibility:

Ensure that your HP Envy 6000 printer supports passport scanning. While most flatbed scanners should be able to scan passports, some models may have limitations on paper size or thickness.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @JS70CH,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If you're experiencing difficulties scanning your passport with your HP Envy 6000 printer using a Mac or the HP Smart Print app, there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue:

1. Check Scanner Settings:

Ensure Passport is Positioned Correctly: Make sure your passport is properly aligned on the scanner glass. Passport pages may be smaller than standard paper sizes, so ensure it fits within the scanning area.

Adjust Scan Settings: Open the scanning software on your Mac or the HP Smart Print app and check the scan settings. Ensure that the settings are appropriate for scanning a passport, such as selecting color or grayscale mode and adjusting the resolution if necessary.

2. Update Drivers and Software:

Update HP Smart App: Make sure you have the latest version of the HP Smart Print app installed on your Mac. Check for updates in the App Store or download the latest version from the HP website.

Update Printer Drivers: Ensure that your printer drivers are up to date. Visit the HP website, enter your printer model, and download the latest drivers for macOS Sonoma 14.4. Install the drivers and restart your Mac if prompted.

3. Reset Printer and Mac:

Restart Printer: Turn off your HP Envy 6000 printer, unplug it from the power source, wait for a few minutes, then plug it back in and turn it on.

Restart Mac: Restart your Mac to refresh system settings and clear any temporary issues.

4. Check Scanner Compatibility:

Ensure that your HP Envy 6000 printer supports passport scanning. While most flatbed scanners should be able to scan passports, some models may have limitations on paper size or thickness.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you Rachel571. I tried many ways to scan the details page, positioning differently , putting something on top of the lid to ensure it was as closed as possible. I'm wondering if the new passport info page is just unable to be scanned as I am able to scan normal pages in the passport just not the first page. It's very bizarre as I can photocopy it using the same printer!! Opened a case with HP Support but we were unable to resolve the problem. Still none the wiser. Will try to scan it on another scanner to see if it is just the HP Envy that has a problem. Thanks for your help though. The issue remains unresolved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.