Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8028 All-in-One Printer
Chrome OS

New problem: Tried to scan a single page and got a message "loading" at each command and it took 4-minutes or more to scan one page. It's never done this before. Checked out my wifi, it's running perfectly at 350 Mbps. Unplugged printer for 2-minutes. Plugged it back in, same problem. It does scan, but takes 4-minutes or more for one page. 

Lloyd
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The only thing I can think of is what quality you've set to scan. It MIGHT be the higher the DPI, the longer the scan. I think the old program scanned at a draft level (something like 300 dpi) because it takes about the same amount of time for my scanner to run at that setting. I tried bumping the dpi up to 600 (not even the highest) and it took MUCH longer.

If you haven't, take a look at the settings. If you did and they're on a lower DPI, then I also would love to know why sometimes it takes longer. I'd like to scan in at higher dpi, but not at such a lengthy time cost, so if I'm wrong, please answer the OP and I will also take note.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The only thing I can think of is what quality you've set to scan. It MIGHT be the higher the DPI, the longer the scan. I think the old program scanned at a draft level (something like 300 dpi) because it takes about the same amount of time for my scanner to run at that setting. I tried bumping the dpi up to 600 (not even the highest) and it took MUCH longer.

If you haven't, take a look at the settings. If you did and they're on a lower DPI, then I also would love to know why sometimes it takes longer. I'd like to scan in at higher dpi, but not at such a lengthy time cost, so if I'm wrong, please answer the OP and I will also take note.

HP Recommended

DPI is set at 200. The printer scanned super slow all day yesterday, but today it has miraculously fixed itself. I made no adjustments whatsoever, but today the scanner works fine. ???  Thank you for your response. 

Lloyd
HP Recommended

I appreciate that. It looks like I wasn't that helpful if it fixed itself, but I'm glad your issue is resolved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.