Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

I am using a HP Officejet Pro 8600 N911g. When I perform a Webscan it does the scanning but then it says in red to press the save icon to save the file. I do not see the save icon.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You could try upgrading to IE 11, or reaching out to Microsoft to find out why and how to fix the issue; Help with Internet Explorer

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @RalphW11561 

I can't help but wonder if those instructions are for a different operating system. If I recall, Mac and Windows behave differently when saving a scan in the EWS (Embedded Web Server). You may need to right click on the scan and choose to save from the options that appear.

In the event I am wrong ( I am probably not because I am a women 🙂 ) let me know what operating system and version you have. Thanks. 

I look forward to working towards a solution with you.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Here is a screen shot of what I get.

Webscan.jpg

HP Recommended

As you can see in the screen shot. It says to press the save icon, but nowhere is there a save icon. I even right clicked and you can see what came up. No save option anywhere. am I crazy or am I just missing something.

HP Recommended

Hi @RalphW11561 

I don't imagine this is a case of the crazies, or that you are missing anything, it could be the Browser. What browser are you using? Can you try a different Browser, and let me know the results?

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

The other browser seems to be workng fine. It gave many more options that I need. What in Internet Explorer 10 might be causing the options to be so limited. Is it a setting that I can change?

HP Recommended

You could try upgrading to IE 11, or reaching out to Microsoft to find out why and how to fix the issue; Help with Internet Explorer

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi - I am using an HP 5520 printer with a Acer R11 Chromebook. I had the same problem - I right click on the thumbnail and I don't get a pop up option to save it. I read in another post that a guy managed to get this to work by dragging to the right or something. I got it to work once but I couldn't replicate it.

Then I just clicked on the thumbnail and dragged it to another new tab in my chrome browser. It dropped the image into the new tab and from there I could just save it - CTRL-S 

A bit cumbersome and perhaps not how you were meant to do it but after ages trying....at least this worked!

Hope this helps!

Please click thumbs up if this worked!

Julian

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.