Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

I have the same problem, scanning works fine as long I don't use the HP Solution Center, this was working fine on W7 but after the W10 upgrade (YES I Installed the new Full Feature support for W10) - Scanner is still non functional with the HP solution Center. I have tried ALL solutions with no joy. HP Scan Doctor says it cannot find HP Scan, Solution Center says some other program is using the sanner. ?? Frustrated !! :Crying:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

1. From that same CCC folder run Uninstall_L4.bat )hit Enter once if only a black dialog is shown) and allow any uninsitall screen to complete (there will be multiple uninistall screens one after another.
  2. Reboot the PC when required to do so.
  3. Right click the Start button and select Programs and Features, ensure there are no HP applications left.
  4. Browse to the following folders and remove any remaining HP or Hewlett-Packard folders:
    • C:\Program Files
    • C:\Program Files\Common Files
    • C:\Program Files (x86)
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files
    • C:\Users\(YOUR USER NAME)\AppData\Roaming
    • C:\Users\(YOUR USER NAME)\AppData\Local
    • C:\ProgramData
  5. Browse into C:\Windows and delete the pritner folder, it should be similar to hpoj8500A909g
  6. Still within C:\Windows look for the twain_32 folder and rename it into twain_32.OLD
  7. Right click the Start button and click on Run, type temp into the shown dialog and press OK, then remove the entire content of that Temp folder (no worries, those are all temporary files which can be saefly removed)
  8. Right click the Start button and click on Run, type %temp% into the shown dialog and press OK, then remove the entire content of that Temp folder (no worries, those are all temporary files which can be saefly removed).
  9. Save the following insatller to youd desktop, do not reinstall it yet as I just sent you some additional last step privately prior reinstalling the HP Software:
    http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL31041/mp-110033-3/OJ_AIO_P8500_A909_Full_Win_WW_140_408-...
  10. Look for a private message from me, if you are unfamilier with how private messaging works you will see a message notification within the top right envelope icon at the forum screen.

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try rebooting all devices as following:

1. Reboot your router by replugging its power and allow it 2 minutes.
  2. Reboot your printer.
  3. Reboot your computer.

Now try launching the HP Solution Center and check for any difference.

If the same remain try the following then:

1. Type %temp% into the search bar and press the shown temporary folder.
  2. Open the HP Installation which starts with 7z (e.g. 7zs1234)
  3. Open the UTIL folder, then the CCC folder.
  4. Click on Uninstall_L1 and allow the uninstall to complete, press Enter once if only a black dialog is shown.
  5. Reboot your PC while required to do so.
  6. From the Control Panel locate Devices and Printers, be sure to remove any remaining instance of the printer.
  7. Right click teh background and select Device Manager, then remove any instance of it from there too (it may appear within the Imaging Devices, Printers, Multifunction Adaptors sections).
  8. Next open the temp folder once again (see steps 1-3) and launch the Setup.exe file.
  9. Follow the steps by selecting Add a Device and check for any difference.

Please let me know the results,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Hi,

I did the 1st item - all 3 reboots again. No Joy. Same results

I did the 2nd Item Steps 1-9 Successfully. Again No Joy. Same results.

Additional Info, if this helps:

From Solution Center Scan popup stating netwoork scanner being used by another program.

Extended Error Info 8,[(0,18, -2147467259)] 

HP Recommended

Screen Shot 09-26-15 at 08.42 AM.PNG

HP Recommended

Screen Shot 09-26-15 at 08.45 AM.PNG

HP Recommended

Wireless network report.png

HP Recommended

Hi,

1. From that same CCC folder run Uninstall_L4.bat )hit Enter once if only a black dialog is shown) and allow any uninsitall screen to complete (there will be multiple uninistall screens one after another.
  2. Reboot the PC when required to do so.
  3. Right click the Start button and select Programs and Features, ensure there are no HP applications left.
  4. Browse to the following folders and remove any remaining HP or Hewlett-Packard folders:
    • C:\Program Files
    • C:\Program Files\Common Files
    • C:\Program Files (x86)
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files
    • C:\Users\(YOUR USER NAME)\AppData\Roaming
    • C:\Users\(YOUR USER NAME)\AppData\Local
    • C:\ProgramData
  5. Browse into C:\Windows and delete the pritner folder, it should be similar to hpoj8500A909g
  6. Still within C:\Windows look for the twain_32 folder and rename it into twain_32.OLD
  7. Right click the Start button and click on Run, type temp into the shown dialog and press OK, then remove the entire content of that Temp folder (no worries, those are all temporary files which can be saefly removed)
  8. Right click the Start button and click on Run, type %temp% into the shown dialog and press OK, then remove the entire content of that Temp folder (no worries, those are all temporary files which can be saefly removed).
  9. Save the following insatller to youd desktop, do not reinstall it yet as I just sent you some additional last step privately prior reinstalling the HP Software:
    http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL31041/mp-110033-3/OJ_AIO_P8500_A909_Full_Win_WW_140_408-...
  10. Look for a private message from me, if you are unfamilier with how private messaging works you will see a message notification within the top right envelope icon at the forum screen.

Regards,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Your solution worked. Scan is now functional with HP Software as well as other W10 apps.  Thank You

HP Recommended

Glad there appears to finally be a solution but how do we find "the missing step" to finsih the clear-up prior to installtion?

HP Recommended

Shlomi - what's the secret sauce?  I have this problem (or very close to it).  What is the secret step?

On my new Win 10 Pro 64-bit, I tried to install basic print and scan drivers for my 8500 AIO A909g, which is on our home network via WiFi.   The simplest option seemed to be the Enterprise drivers for 64-bit. 

The process was horrible, and the long effort did not complete.  It got stuck at the end when trying to reach the 8500 for the scanner install-link.  I tried three times.  The HP end screen just got stuck at 90% and would not complete.

My 8500 works fine from an old XP SP3 32-bit machine (full software set), and now from a Win 7 Pro 64-bit machine (basic driver set, which I installed this morning).  Print and scan, both with options for how I print each time. 

FYI - the Win 10 PC can access the embedded server in the printer (at 192.168.1.3) and the printer appears in "Devices and Printers".

Would like to try your steps, but you are hiding one of them !!??!!

EDIT - Also, could you provide the ftp links to the other driver sets - basic or enterprise instead of full?

Thanks !!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.