Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

I have not had any problems scanning with my 9015, now today it says "scanning is unavailable". I went thru the diagnose and fix, and says there is no problems and printed the test page. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @wyojamesgang,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with scanning from your HP Office Jet Pro 9015.  I'd like to help!

Try the below suggestions -

Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to check connectivity

Download a special version of HP Print and Scan Doctor specifically created to help with printer offline conditions.

1. Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.
  2. Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.
  3. Once HP Print and Scan Doctor opens, click Start, and then select your printer.
    • If your printer in not in the list, turn it off and on, and then click Retry.
    • If there is a connection problem, follow the instructions in HP Print and Scan Doctor.
  4. If a screen prompts you to turn on printer updates, click Yes.
  5. If a screen prompts you to make your printer the default printer, click Yes.

Reinstall the HP print driver (Windows)

Uninstall then reinstall the print driver on a Windows computer.

--->In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.

--->Select your HP printer.

--->Select Uninstall.

--->In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.

--->In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”

--->Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.

--->Type printui.exe /s and click OK.

--->Click on the Drivers tab.

--->Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click remove at the bottom.

--->Select OK.

--->Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.

--->Close Devices and Printers.

And then reinstall the printer full-featured drivers from software and drivers page 

Check Windows Image Acquisition settings

Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) allows communication between the computer and scanner. If WIA is not on or running correctly, scan jobs can fail.

1. In Windows, search for and open View local services.
  2. Next to Windows Image Acquisition (WIA), check the Status and Startup Type.
    • If the status is 'Started' or 'Running' and the Startup Type is 'Automatic', WIA is working correctly. No further action is required.
    • If the status is 'Disabled' or blank, continue with these steps.

Windows Image Acquisition service status

1. Right-click Windows Image Acquisition (WIA), and then select Properties.
  2. On the General tab, select Automatic from the Startup type drop-down.
  3. Under Service status, click Start.
  4. If the Start button is grayed out, return to the Services list and make sure the following services are running and set as Automatic.
    • DCOM Server Process Launcher
    • Remote Procedure Call
    • RPC Endpoint Mapper
    • Shell Hardware Detection
  5. Try to start WIA again.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi @wyojamesgang,

Have you tried those steps yet? Do you still need assistance? Let me know if I can help. Have a great day 🙂

Thanks!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi @wyojamesgang,

I did not hear back from you so I will close out this case for now. Please contact me again if you still need any help. Have a great day!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.