Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Officejet 8600
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Unable to remove a previous message that was scanned to email.  It is included with each outgoing scan to email and cannot be deleted.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Wulff

Welcome to the HP Forums, this is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are getting issues while scanning to email from HP Officejet 8600 Printer. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

Reset the printer to fix this issue.

I am sending you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the steps to fix problem, however, I cannot get past the first one on my 8600 OfficeJet Pro printer.  Please provide me swith clarification:  

Step 1 of the instructions says, "While applying power, press and hold Power button for 5 secs".   I tried the following actions several times, shown below with results.  None of these advanced me to Step 2:

1. A) With power ON and unit cycled to ready, I pressed and held Power button for 5 seconds by the clock, then released. (Result: Normal shut down).

1. B) Starting with printer in the OFF position, I pressed and held the Power button for 5 seconds, then released.  (Result: Normal startup)

1. C) Starting with printer in the OFF position, I pressed Power button, released, then pressed and held Power button for 5 by the clock seconds, released Power button. (Result: Normal startup)

None of the above permitted me to advance to Step 2.  Am I understanding Step 1 correctly?

Also: Initiated normal startup, selected "Setup" > "Tools" > "Restore Factory Defaults", reset my connections and email address, selected "Setup" > "Restore Factory Defaults" again, confirmed "Product has been restored”.

Repeating the problem I am having, when I select "Scan to email", I first get the "From" screen.  I select my name/email address which takes me to the next screen, the "Subject [and] To" Screen.  The problem begins here in that the Subject already contains a message, "Suggestions from neighbor Patty...".  I delete this subject by using the back delete key and enter a new subject such as "Test 1" and select my email address as the recipient.  I then initiate the scan.

The email comes to me with the new subject and the attached document, but in the body of the email there is a message I am unable to delete, "Hi Lucas Family, we have not had a chance to study your...".  

The question remains, how do I permanently delete the recurring Subject (which I can change to a new one each time it appears) and particularly the message in the email body that is stuck in memory and cannot be deleted by any method I know?

HP Recommended

@nwulff

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

I understand the issue better now.

Update the printer firmware to fix this issue.

Click here and refer the document to know how to update the printer firmware.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.