Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 120 e-All-in-One Printer series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Envy 120e printer gives a black image (with multiple colored lines on it) when any image is scanned or copied. Any fixes please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @johntc2,

Thank you for replying,

As I understand you have checked the scanner light and found that it's not working, this clearly indicates a possible hardware failure with the printer. I would recommend you contact our HP phone support for further assistance.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @johntc2,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand you are having issues while scanning and copying from your HP Envy 120 printer. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you tried to clean the scanner glass bed with a soft lint cloth?

Does that Scanner bulb light up?

Does the scanner bar move when you open the lid & press the copy button?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the printer and make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

Remove all the ink cartridges and then try to perform a hard reset on the printer.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Remove USB cable, if present.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Now insert the ink cartridges and then try to print a test page and check if it works.

If the scanner bulb is light on and the scanner bar moves, then the next step would be to update the printer firmware, If your printer connected wirelessly, make sure to temporary connect the device with USB and then follow the link to install the latest firmware update, using this link: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/en120/EN120_R1606A.exe

If the steps provided fails to fix the issue, then I am afraid that the issue could be with the printer hardware. I would suggest you contact HP phone support to set up a service for the printer.

You can visit http://www.support.hp.com/contact-hp and fill in your product details to get the tech support number.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi, many thanks for getting back to me. I now know that the scan bar light is not working (tried copying in the dark and there was no light from the machine at all). Does this help diagnose?

Regards

John
HP Recommended

Hi @johntc2,

Thank you for replying,

As I understand you have checked the scanner light and found that it's not working, this clearly indicates a possible hardware failure with the printer. I would recommend you contact our HP phone support for further assistance.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thank you, HP tech support has said I should order a new printer and this I have done
HP Recommended

@johntc2

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad we could contribute towards identifying and leading you towards the solution for this concern.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know that you accept our suggestions,

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The scan bar moves properly, but I do not notice any lighting. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.