Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3755
Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks

When I try to scan a document through the HP Easy Scan app, it won't let me. I have the document right where the scanner is, but the app keeps on saying that it can't find the document, and nothing happens. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @jparker0721,

Thanks for showing interest in the HP Support Forums!

I see that you're unable to scan with your HP DeskJet 3755 All-in-One Printer. I would be happy to look into this with you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

It sounds like the connection was lost or the printer cannot detect the paper on the flatbed scanner glass.

First, please remove the paper from the glass and close the lid.

• Leave the printer on and unplug the power cable from the printer and wall outlet for 60 seconds.
  • Then reconnect the power cable to the printer and wall outlet rather than a surge protector. This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.
  • Make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet (don't use a power bar or a surge protector). 
  • Turn the printer back on and wait until the printer is ready (not making any noises).
  • Try scanning again.

If the issue persists, please try performing a copy. 

What were the results? 

If you're able to copy without problems, try one of these guides below (depending on the connection type):

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. Good Luck! 🙂

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I just purchased this printer and there is no lid or glass to lay your document on.  It feeds through the front of the printer.  My issue is also that it wants to print what was scanned rather than saving to the computer.  I have not been able to save and certainly don't want to print.  Hope you can offer a solution to this issue.

Thanks in advance for your help and expertise.

HP Recommended

I also can't scan!
Do I need a driver?
I tried the application image capture but that doesn't pick up anything.

Thanks.
I have OS x 10.5.8 and HP Deskjet 3755.
Is there a button on the printer to press? I don't know which is which, no english
on the machine it's so complicated just a bunch of buttons and icons
I do not recognize.
I need to scan just one page today. I don't have any device showing up with image capture
the driver is just blank and doesn't print.

HP Recommended

As others have said, I do not know how to take a printed page or picture and scan it in my new printer so that I can send it as an electronic attachment.  this printer does not allow you to lay it on glass to be scanned.

HP Recommended

Hi @Harry641,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! This is a great location to get resolutions and interact with experts from the community. I understand you need assistance while scanning. Don't worry I'll do my best to help you with this.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Could you provide me with the Operating system installed on the PC? Is this Windows or Mac

Are you trying to scan for the first time? When was the last time it worked?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

I would suggest here is to load the paper from the back of the printer. Load the original print side up, fully justified to the right side of the scanner, until it feeds into the scan path and the scan light turns on.

For more details, please go through the User guide of this printer and look under Scan.

Alternatively, you can go through this video for Loading Documents or Photos and Copying on the HP DeskJet 3700 Printer Series, this actually will help you scan from the computer. Click here for Video.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance. 

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.