Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 All-in-One Printer

I use HP Easy Scan for MAC on my iMAC, however I also have a Mac Pro laptop that I wanted to download HP Easy Scan to.  I cannot seem to find anywhere to download the software.  Is it no longer available and if so, is there a comparable alternative available

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @sulaby,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd like to help!

Sure thing! To download HP Easy Scan on your Mac Pro laptop, you can follow these steps:

Open the App Store on your Mac.

In the search bar at the top right corner of the App Store window, type "HP Easy Scan" and press Enter.

Look through the search results for the HP Easy Scan app. If it appears, click on the "Get" or "Download" button next to the app to download and install it on your Mac.

If you can't find HP Easy Scan in the App Store, you can also visit the HP website (https://support.hp.com) and navigate to the "Software & Drivers" section.

Enter your HP printer model number or select it from the list to find the software downloads available for your printer.

Look for the HP Easy Scan software in the list of available downloads for your printer model. Download the appropriate version compatible with your Mac.

Once the download is complete, open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install HP Easy Scan on your Mac.

After installation, you should be able to use HP Easy Scan to manage your scanning tasks with your HP printer.

If this does not help, this might require one-on-one interaction to fix the issue via remote assistance over the phone.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thanks for the feedback.  I kept on digging on the HP website and finally managed to find the download a couple of days ago. Neither the App Store or the HP website provide a link when I use HP Easy Scan as the search criteria.  But, I have it and have installed it and it works fine.  Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi @sulaby,

Fantastic 🙂 I truly appreciate your time and patience and happy to know that you got that installed.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out to us. 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers and did reply to you!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.