cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
FedUp92
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

no luck setting up scan to e-mail

HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro MFP M428fdw
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

Not only does this printer rarely, if ever work the first time, and generally requires multiple hard resets to arrive at the off chance at the  printing a single page, even from a computer that is not connecting via WiFi, but I am having absolutely no luck setting up scan to e-mail (again). I've given up on most of the other functions so I don't smash the printer out of frustration. I have reviewed all posts and recommendations regarding setting up a LaserJet Pro MFP M428fdw with the scan to e-mail  or scan to computer function, both of which had worked previously but now no longer work. Have it set up as reflected below, less-secure enabled on **bleep** and have tried other recommendations. Tried 587 and 25 as SMTP port numbers as well. I'm convinced I have a better chance of being struck by lightning (1 in 12,000) than this printer working as it was designed, or maybe it was designed to frustrate purchasers for eternity. Probably the latter.

Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 4.03.24 PM.png

2 REPLIES 2
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
31,259 30,973 5,335 12,428
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please provide us some details about the error so we may try to resolve it together.

Which email service do you use?

What settings are used for the scan profile?

What exact error message is shown when pressing Save & Test?

Please let me know this information, many email providers may have security settings which will will reject the printer from connecting..

Shlomi.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Repairatrooper
Level 12
Level 12
7,250 7,174 764 1,982
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If functions were working and stopped we often advise people to perform a factory reset to eliminate the possibility of corruption in the system. Also make sure that your firmware is up to date as issues are often addressed with updates. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation