Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
desktop tower
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, a month or so ago my pc was acting up so I decided to reset it and chose to restore without apps, I didn't realize it meant apps running programs in the operating system and all, I thought it was apps I installed in which case I hadn't downloaded any. Also, just before that i had purchased a HP Laser jet Pro MFP479fdn printer. At the time I was only printing from pc or iphone to printer and it was working good, I had not tried scan to email or fax yet.    So, I of course took the pc into a shop and they restored all the drivers and apps, but I had not taken the printer in with it and I asked if they had made sure the printer drivers were restored as well and he said he couldn't find the drivers without having the printer there but that I should be able to download them at home once the pc detects the print through the usb that it is plugged into. 

soon as I  plugged the printer in and went to my favorite label making site and was able to print the labels and recipes from my iphone, I figured the drivers were there and working. fast forward a   few days...I wanted to scan t email, it said it coudn't see the network, got that figured and still couldn't scan to email, so I read and read and found a web site that said to type my pc's ip adress into the search bar and when i did the results were 'privacy error' and that my connection wasn't private, 2 options "go back' or continue to (follow a link) that was my ip adress numbers and it said unsafe, I clicked that and still could't scan to email. So....I installed the HP scan and fax Doctor, downloaded and installed everything it  had in its list for drivers and apps and all that, then, i was able to see where I could type in an email to scan to and the subject and message body (I was not able to get that far prior) but when I click scan now I get  "the servers security certificate cannot be validated."   I am a little worried about that liink I clicked that was unsafe....I didnt get an option to go back ....   

I am going to go and restart my pc and see if that helps anything take but if anyone can help I would be so grateful, April

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello,

Hope you are well, if you want to set up scan to email, please make sure to get the printer connected thru network since that way it will generate an IP address to identify the printer over the network connection.

the most easy way to set up the scan to email is by using the full software desktop app for the printer, in case you dont have it, you can get it from HP.com > software and drivers section. 

here is an instructional video tutorial from HP to set up the feature:  video

if you get the IP address and would like to set up the feature by using the online printer embedded web server. 

Please access the IP address of the printer into the web browser URL, then continue to the website and go to the scan tab on top. then please select can to email > Outgoing email settings > ok to go to secure page > scroll down and click the + icon to add an outgoing email profile > full fill the information required and save and test.

If you may require further assistance please give a call to HP support. 

Regards,

Best Regards,

I am an HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.