Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4520
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I have an HP ENVy 4520.  I used to be able to open the HP easy scan in the launcher to scan multiple pages into a single document.  Lately, when I try to scan multiple pages into a single document it does not work and I end up with multiple files.  How do I fix the setting so that I get one pdf file? Thanks for any help. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I figured it out.  For multiple pages to be put into a single pdf file, when you send the pages to a folder etc... you need to select the pdf format, I had mine set to jpeg. (face palm)

HP Recommended

I'm on MACOS 11.0.1 (Big Sur). It used to be very easy to do this with my HP Officejet using the MACOS scanner. But, that no longer works for HP printers once I installed Big Sur. Trying to do this using the HP Easy Scan software but Easy Scan isn't so easy. Scanning one page and then trying to scan the next page by clicking "Scan Next Item" causes the HP Easy Scan app to crash. I'm now scanning each page, saving it into it's own file by using the Print command to save it as a PDF file. I'm now going to try to merge the separate files into one file. Does anybody know an easier way to do this with the HP software? It's really a horrendous way to do what should be very easy.

HP Recommended

@ruthk5081

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I selected PDF output and I still get a file for each page.   I had to use 'Everyday Scan' because the 'Save as PDF' option does not let me add pages.

HP Recommended

I found a new setting in 'Advanced Settings' that defaulted to saving 1 page per file.  Unchecking that box solved the problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.