Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (78 Views)
Accepted Solution

Can't Scan to Computer

Product Name: MFP MX277 dw
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

When I try to scan from the printer to the computer, it says "Enable Scan to Printer".  I have the full feature software and I don't see this option anywhere. In other posts where they have the same issue, the resolution shows a very different looking full feature software than mine. Very frustrated. 

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Can't Scan to Computer

Hi,

Scanning from the front panel to the computer is not supported on HP Laserjet printers, scanning from the front panel supports scanning to a USB drive, to email (network connecion only) or to a network folder (network connection only) as shown by the following document:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04531711

For a USB connection you may initiate a scan from the HP Scan software on your PC, not from the printer itself. or connect a USB drive to the printer as an alternative.

For a network connection you may setup scanning to a network folder or email as shown by the documnt above.

Regards,

Shlomi

View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 3 (63 Views)

Hi,

Scanning from the front panel to the computer is not supported on HP Laserjet printers, scanning from the front panel supports scanning to a USB drive, to email (network connecion only) or to a network folder (network connection only) as shown by the following document:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04531711

For a USB connection you may initiate a scan from the HP Scan software on your PC, not from the printer itself. or connect a USB drive to the printer as an alternative.

For a network connection you may setup scanning to a network folder or email as shown by the documnt above.

Regards,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution Smiley Happy
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (53 Views)

Thank you Shlomi. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation