Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
mfp m29w
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Print and copy worked great but the "HP easy scan"(the latest version) shown no scanner/printer detected.  Please help.

(this problem had been mentioned by others previously !)

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

@hozm1

A warm welcome to HP Community!

Performing a power cycle and then selecting the correct scanner on HP Easy Scan may resolve the issue. Let's try these steps:

1.) Turn off your Mac, Printer and Router.

2.) Unplug the power from the back of router, wait for 10 -15 seconds.

3.) Connect the power cable back to router, turn on the router first. Wait till the router to initialize.

4.) Turn on Printer and Mac.

5.) Open HP Easy Scan.

6.) Click "Scanner:" and select Browse Scanners...

7.) Select the listed HP Laserjet M29w.

8.) Try to Scan.

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks but NO GOOD !

Yet the "HP Easy scan "Still not showing any printer/scanner(s) detected.  Also tried turn off the printer power and turn back 60 mins later (as suggested in other discussion's replies) and problem(s) still unsolved.

...  i.e .

(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.

(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

HP Recommended

No GOOD.  not working.   Still no printer/coppier shown in the "HP Easy Scan"

HP Recommended

@hozm1

Let's try scanning using Apple Image Capture:

1.) On your Mac, open Finder

2.) Click Applications and open Image Capture

3.) Select your printer name under Devices or shared devices. (If prompted for driver install, complete the driver installation)

Refer to this document for instructions on how to scan using Image Capture.

Keep me posted!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No Good!

Tried "Image Captures" :   "Device" shown "0" and got "No Camera or scanner connected"   

My "macOS Mojave" is double checked OK/updated (10.14.2) 

Nevertheless the computer" Mac mini" failed to detect the HP printer/scanner.  ___ Even if print/copy OK ?

HP Recommended

I have a HP-8720 All-In-One, OfficeJet Pro. I can not scan from the printer to my computer nor from my computer to the scanner. YES, I have tried to load the HP Easy Setup several times (5x). And YES, I did exactly as your suggestions stated above. But nothing works! Can you give me some accurate advice to make it work, or do I need to buy an Epson All-In-One?

HP Recommended

My apple computer "Mac Mini" encountered simuliar promblem(s).   All remedial suggestions from HP failed to Fix .   My computer never detected the presents of my USB connected printer/scaner (HP M29w) --- yet the print/copy functions are still working fine ! 

Seemingly such failures  are common .   Is yours print/copy also OK ONLY the scanning failed ?

HP Recommended

As intructed  ' ....Click on the + tool at the far left to browse available printers. ( HP Easy Scan) '  ---  :

https://eclecticlight.co/2018/10/22/how-to-install-a-printer-in-macos-mojave/   

I found  no printers/scanners listed in the "HP Easy Scan" screen afterwards.

According to their info " Apple has stopped updating its list of compatible printers, and appears to have also stopped updating the drivers it supplies for older printers,... "    Now it will be HP's turn to do something  !

HP Recommended

@hozm1

It could be an issue with the printer driver installed on your Mac. Removing existing driver and adding a compatible driver may resolve the issue:

1.) Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

2.) Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer.

3.) If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then clicking the minus button  at the bottom of the list.

4.) Click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.

5.) Click the Use or Print Using menu, select AirPrint(If the printer is connected to a network) or select the name of your printer(If the printer is connected using a USB cable) in the pop-up menu. Then click Add.

6.) Try to scan.

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.