12-14-2019 03:52 PM
My printer stopped working, it is giving me an error message that the printhead appears to be missing, not detected, or incorrectly installed. I've tried restarting a few times and tried the app HP has to solve issues but nothing is working. I can figure that out later, but for today I really just need to scan some documents. Can I still use the scanner, or is the whole thing dust? Thanks.
12-17-2019 11:55 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
You can scan from the Computer the Printer is connected to. To resolve this issue:
Let's try to reset the Printer here:
Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
If the issue persists, please perform the remaining steps from this document: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-officejet-6700-premium-e-all-in-one-printer-series-h711/4322...
If the issue still persists, I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team regarding this as this could be a hardware issue.
Note: Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.
Let me know if this helps.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee