cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: "HPxxxxx.framework" will damage your computer" message in macOS Catalina or Mojave .
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Why does my HP Smart scan each page as a separate document now ruining the ease of use/how to fix

HP Recommended
HP4520 3176B
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My HP4520 3176B printer with HPSmart software was so easy to use to send and download documents to various company systems.  Now it is treating each page of a document as a separate file!  Irritating me the sender and the recipient as they get 32 files for a 32 page document.  Not an improvement HP!  How do I fix this.  I loved my set up previously.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5,848 5,818 354 389
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Lunasmom,

I'd like to help!

Follow the below instructions-

1. From the HP Smart app home screen, click the Scan tile.

The Scan window opens.

2. From the Scan window, change settings such as document type (document or photo), page size, output type, source, resolution, and compression to match the scan job, and then click Scan .

A preview of the scan displays.

Example of a scanned photo

3. On the preview screen, click Edit, and then make any changes with the app editing tools, such as crop or rotate. You can also click and hold one of the blue dots to manually adjust the border.

An editable preview of the scan displays in the Edit window.

Example of an editable scan

4. When you complete the edits, click Apply.

The Result window displays any changes to the scan.

5. Use the features in the Results window to work with your scan.

• Print: Send your scan to your printer.

• Rename: Change the name of your file before saving or sharing it.

• Save: The default save location for scanned documents is the Documents folder and the Pictures library for scanned photos. Save your scan in the default location or browse to a different folder.

• Share: Send your scan in an email, share via social media accounts such as Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram, or save the scan in a cloud storage account, such as Box or OneDrive. You can also look for other apps in the Windows Store.

• Add a page: Add one or more pages to the current scan job.

• Smart Tasks: Create or use an existing shortcut for printing, emailing, or saving scanned files to cloud accounts.

• Mobile Fax: Send your scan via fax.

6. After you save or share the scan job, click OK.

Refer -Scan a document or photo from your printer (HP Smart)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation