Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

No luck.  When I tried to install the printer driver from HP Support site at the link you provided I got a warning: "Could not execute file 1310_731_EN2.smi because your security prefs allow installation of only apps from App Store & identified developers".  I went into my Security & Privacy" panel and overrode this block by clicking "open".  I then got "Following disk images couldn't be opened:  1310_731_EN2.smi".  At that point I abandoned trying to install the driver.

I then went to the link you provided to update printer firmware.  I specified "PSC 1315 All-in-One printer" (there was another

entry for PSC 1315V which I did NOT select).  I specified macOS 10.14, then downloaded "Mac Printer Driver" V5.1, rel date 10/9/19.  I then opened/launched file "HP Printer Drivers 5.1.dmg" from my downloads folder.  A window opened with an image of an opened box with yellow contents.  I got "The package was signed with a certif that has expired.  May not be authentic.  Do you want to continue with install anyway". I clicked "Continue"

I saw "Standard install on Macintosh HD", I clicked "Continue" and, after entering my password, things looked encouraging.  I saw

"Writing files... Running package scripts... Removing old files..." .  But then I got:  "System extension cannot be used...

The system extension “/Library/Extensions/hp_io_enabler_compound.kext” was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update."

I clicked "OK", then surprisingly got "The installation was successful... The software was installed".

But when I executed Image Capture I immediately got "Software for this device is not installed... S/W is available from Apple, would you like to install it?"  I hit CANCEL and tried rebooting to see if maybe that would activate the s/w  it claimed was successfully installed. 

The reboot didn't help, I got the same msg from Image Scan.  So this time I clicked "Install" and got "Finding s/w... " then "S/W install failed".  So I'm back where I started.

I did verify I can still print, wondering if you have any additional suggestions?   Should I try downloading a driver for macOS 10.1 (the default) instead of 10.14 (my current version)?   Should I try PSC 1315V instead of PSC 1315?    Any idea how I can resolve the issue  with “/Library/Extensions/hp_io_enabler_compound.kext”?

Many thanks for your help!

HP Recommended

@SaltCity44

We will have to check for additional troubleshooting steps. I will write back asap.

Thanks for understanding.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.