Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Sprocket 200
Android 5.0 - 5.1.1 Lollipop

My Huawei GR3 cannot reconnect to my HP Sprocket after each power off.  It gets stuck in the pairing stage... Only working solution is  to reset the printer (every day!!) and clear the android app settings.  This is getting beyond a joke for every day I use the printer.

Interestingly I connect the same HP Sprocket to my Sony Z5 phone and have zero issues.  Any suggestions?    

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Kharde

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

Let's try to reset the network settings on the Printer. 

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Go to Backup & reset.
  3. Now tap on the “Network settings reset” option.
  4. Hit the “Reset Settings” button.
  5. You will be given another warning, hit the “Reset Settings” button again.

Also, do update your phone if any updates are available:

1. Make sure your device is connected to Wi-Fi.
  2. Open Settings.
  3. Select About Phone.
  4. Tap Check for Updates. If an update is available, an Update button will appear. Tap it.
  5. Install. Depending on the OS, you'll see Install Now, Reboot and install, or Install System Software. Tap it.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've done this and it adhocly helps (only connects 10-20% of the times after a full sprocket reset and mobile phone restart)   Most of the time the phone (Hauwei GR3) still does not connect.    Note: I can get the Sprocket to work seamlessly with my other phone (Sony Z5), but we intended for our our daughter to use her mobile phone - a  Huawei GR3 

I have started iscolating a work around... but this is by no means user friendly.  The Sprocket connects almost 100% of the time if

i) I install a program Bluetooth Auto Connect with use setPriority() enabled.

ii) each time I want to print with the sprocket I reboot the phone then disable wi-fi... then I launch the Sprocket App... it then connects

Note: The biggest impact is to disable the wireless (and naturally enable bluetooth).  The sprocket connects 50-70% of the time (even without a phone reboot) if I disable wireless....

Is there a better work around... or better still an app update for Android coming soon that fixes this problem?

HP Recommended

@Kharde

I see that you were interacting with @Betty0610. I'd like to help.

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

Upgrade the Sprocket firmware.

1. Make sure the Sprocket is on and your mobile device is connected to the Internet.

2. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.

3. Tap the Menu icon , and then tap sprocket.

4. Tap Manage Printers, make sure your Sprocket is selected, and then tap Printer Settings.

5. Look for a firmware upgrade.

• If a firmware upgrade displays, tap Get Firmware Upgrade, and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

You can refer to this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

There was no firmware update so this does not help.  The Sprocket 200 firmware version is: M1L1FA1849AR.

HP Recommended

@Kharde

This could be a hardware issue. For the next course of action, I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Very sure Issue is not Sprocket hardware issue, but software compatibility issue.  The sprocket 200 connects perfectly with the phones:

Sony Z5 (my old phone)

Xiami Mix 2S (my new phone)

Huawei Y7 (now my daugthers phone)

Kogan Agora XS (rebadged UMIDIGI One)

The device does not connect  with the Huawei GR3.  I have managed to get it to connect 40% of the time to this phone if I disable wireless on this phone.

Resultingly, we are retiring the Huawei GR3 for our daughter and handing down the Huawei Y7 so this is no longer an issue for us... but this will be an issue for other users.

HP Recommended

@Kharde

I understand. Do get back to us in future for further assistance.

Have a nice day!:)

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.