Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
hp sprocket
iOS

I use the recommended HP zinc papers. However, the first few prints were great with no color distortion or pixelation. However, after the first 5/6 perfect prints, all the prints had an annoying pink hue. Also, the printer was not heated. It had not been used for about 8 hours. All the prints in that batch had an annoying pink. I used almost 5 films to test for the pink color. I tried almost everything that has been suggested on the support forum, but nothing seemed to work. Is there a problem with my device or the device in general behaves in a similar fashion?   

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@devanshigariba

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I understand that you are facing Print Quality issues on your HP Sprocket

I'll try my best to help

Let's try upgrading the Firmware

1. Make sure the printer is on and your mobile device is connected to the Internet.

2. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.

3. Tap the Menu icon , and then tap sprocket.

4. Tap Printers, and then tap your printer in the list.

The printer information screen displays.

5. Look for a firmware upgrade.

• If a firmware upgrade displays, tap Get Firmware Upgrade, and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

• If a firmware upgrade option does not display, the printer firmware is up-to-date. Continue to the next step.

6. After upgrading the printer firmware, try to print.

Next clean the output roller.

1. Turn off the printer.

2. Remove the top cover by sliding it away from the output slot, and then set it aside.

Figure : Removing the top cover

1. Slide the top cover

2. Remove the top cover

3. Remove any photo paper from the input tray, and then make sure the photo paper is in good condition. Remove any severely bent, wrinkled, or torn photo paper from the stack.

4. Reload the HP Sprocket Photo Paper with the blue Smartsheet®. Make sure the blue Smartsheet® is on the bottom of the stack with the bar-code facing down, and the HP Sprocket Photo Paper with the HP logos facing down.

NOTE: Keep the Smartsheet® until you are done with all 10 sheets, and then discard it.

Figure : Loading Smartsheet with the photo paper

Loading Smartsheet with the photo paper
  5. Align the top cover with the tracks on the outside of the printer, and then slide the top cover toward the output slot until it is firmly seated.

Figure : Closing the top cover

1. Align the top cover

2. Slide the top cover

6. Turn on the printer, and then resend the print job.

The printer calibrates and cleans the output rollers with the blue Smartsheet®, and then prints the photo.

You can refer to this Link: https://hp.care/2wUrTid

If the issue persists, please contact our Phone Support for Service Options

1) Click on this link - https://hp.care/2Hox03J;
2) Click on "Continue as guest". 
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Click on "Show Options". 
Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Keep me posted if you need further assistance

Thank you 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.