Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
mi9tpro
Android 9.0 Pie

Why there´s no information about printing on the Sprocket 200 from other source than the provided app? 

Is it possible to print from a 3rd party app?

Why the printer does not show up in the printers list, yet when a picture is sent from his app, it prints?

Why the bluetooth icon does not show connected state when the sprocket 200 is paired?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@MRGCI

Welcome to HP support community.

You can not print using third part app on HP Sprocket 200.

Follow the below steps to fix connectivity issues:-

Confirm mobile device settings

1. Turn on the Sprocket.
  2. On your mobile device, open the Bluetooth settings menu, and then make sure Bluetooth is enabled.
  3. Check the settings on your Android or iOS device.
  4. Android devices: On your mobile device, open the Location or Location Services menu, and then make sure the setting is turned on.
  5. NOTE: 
  6. You can turn location permission on to connect and print, and then turn it off when you are not using the Sprocket.

7. Location menu example on Android
  8. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.
  9. Tap the Menu icon , tap sprocket, and then tap Manage Printers.
  10. A list of available Sprockets displays.
  11. If your Sprocket displays: The Sprocket is connected.
  12. If your Sprocket does not display: Tap Add New Printer, and then tap the name of your Sprocket.

You can refer this HP support document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry, if you are an HP employee then you should research more on your own product.

Here you can see a third party app printing on your sprocket printer: https://www.magie-factory.fr/en/accueil/11-pocket-printer-revolution-app.html

So, it is definitely POSSIBLE to create an app to print on that printer.

HP Recommended

@MRGCI

I understand. However, HP does not recommend the use of a third-party app to print to the Sprocket. You may do it at your own discretion. Hp does not stop you from doing it. However, if you want any assistance with that app, HP cannot help you as we did not design/develop it. You will have to contact its developers.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.