Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Sprocket
iOS 12 - 12.0.1

I only received a new sprocket recently, however I can’t figure out the battery. I printed one picture yesterday, device was fully charged and today it’s dead. I changed my battery settings to turn off sooner but it still died? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Aoife34

There are several ways to make sure your battery lasts as long as possible. Use these recommendations to maximize battery life -

1) Change how long the printer remains on: By default, the printer is set to turn off after 5 minutes. To change when the printer automatically turns off, open the HP sprocket app on your mobile device, and then tap the Menu icon  . Tap sprocket, and then tap Printer Settings. Tap Auto Off, and then select when you want the printer to turn off.

2) Charge the printer when you are not using it: Leave the printer plugged into a power source whenever you are not using it.

3) Charge the printer for more than 90 minutes. HP recommends you charge the printer up to 90 minutes or until the power light turns green. However, you can charge the printer for longer than 90 minutes, which might increase battery life.

4) Use an external battery charger. Using an external battery charger allows you to charge the printer when the battery is low and you cannot access another power source.

HP SPROCKET PHOTO PRINTERS - HOW TO EXTEND THE BATTERY LIFE

If the issue still persists, try doing a printer reset -

1) Turn on the printer.
2) Locate the Reset button near the charging port.

Locating the reset button

3) Gently insert the straight pin into the reset button access point, and then press the Reset button for 3 seconds.
The printer resets and turns off.
4) Turn on the printer.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.