Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I have the original sprocket like the very first one and I haven’t used it in at least a year. When I try to connect it keeps giving me an error and telling me to forget the device in settings. Whenever I forget the device in settings and I go back in the app and try to connect again it gives me the same issue because it keeps reconnecting. For some reason it won’t forget the device, even when I restart my phone after. I have also tried resetting the sprocket. Please help!!!!!

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@keatonv4 Here's all you need to know and do to resolve the issue:

Step 1: Turn on the Sprocket and check battery status

The Sprocket might have turned off or the battery might need to be charged. Use the HP sprocket app to check the battery status, and then adjust the Auto Off setting.

1. Press and hold the Power button to turn on the Sprocket, and then open the HP sprocket app.

2. Tap the Menu icon , and then tap sprocket.

3. Tap Manage Printers, make sure your Sprocket is selected, and then tap Printer Settings.

4. Under the Status section, locate Battery.

• If the battery charge is 25% or higher, continue with these steps.

• If the battery charge is 24% or lower, charge the battery for 30 minutes, and then continue with these steps.

5. Tap Auto Off to change when the Sprocket turns off, if necessary.

If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Make sure the Sprocket has photo paper in the input tray

Check the input tray and make sure photo paper is loaded.

1. Turn off the Sprocket, and then remove the paper cover.

2. Make sure to load Sprocket Photo Paper, up to 10 sheets, with the HP logos facing down.

Sprocket Photo Paper with the HP logos facing down

3. Replace the paper cover, and then turn on the Sprocket.

If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 3 ONWARD

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This doesn’t work, I’ve done all your steps and it keeps saying there is an error with connecting because i’m connected via bluetooth. But my phone won’t forget the device and it keeps automatically reconnecting.

HP Recommended

@keatonv4 Perhaps, you can tell me which phone and what OS you've got in it? Is it Android or iOS?

Please elaborate and also, mentioned if it ever worked fine.

Keep me posted.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have an iPhone XR and I’m on 13.3.1. It used to work probably a year ago. 

HP Recommended

@keatonv4

Thanks for replying!

To remove a Bluetooth device from your iPhone’s settings, simply follow these steps. 

Go to Settings → General, scroll down and turn off the switch to Enable Handoff. Now try to forget the device-

1) Go to Settings > Bluetooth.

2) Tap on the little “i” icon of the Bluetooth device you want to remove.

Bluetooth devices

3) Tap “Forget this Device.”

Bluetooth forget this device

4) Confirm by tapping “Forget Device.”

Bluetooth forget device

The device should have successfully been removed from your list of connected devices.

Restart the phone and try reconfiguring the printer.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My daughters' had sprocket printers some time ago,  which haven't been used in at least a year. They have since had new phones which I am now trying to connect the printers to. Their previous devices used for this purpose were iPods and I have removed the device from their bluetooth settings.

So now I am trying to connect the printers to their phones (iPhone 6 and 7). I select manage printers, from which it allows me to choose the respective printer. It says 'configuring' followed by 'problem with setup'. If I select the error message it advises me to 'Remember to forget the sprocket in your bluetooth settings', which I have done several times, on all devices. This is happening for both phones and both printers. Please help.

HP Recommended

@Liana79

Update iOS to the most recent version.

1. From your mobile device, touch the Settings app, and then touch General.

2. Touch Software Update.

Your device automatically searches for the latest iOS update.

3. If an update is available, touch Download and Install, and then follow the on-screen instructions to install the update. For more information about iOS updates, go to Update the iOS on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (in English).

Restart the device and try again.

Also, follow the steps from the document  Sprocket Does Not Connect or Print for help.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I’ve done all of these steps and my sprocket still fails to connect. I don’t know what else to do

HP Recommended

@MH32

This looks like a hardware issue.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.