Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Sprocket
iOS 12 - 12.0.1

My sprocket won’t charge. It just blinks red and green. When I try to print it just shuts off. I tried resetting it but doesn’t help. I’m very sad I haven’t found any way to fix it. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Littlejay

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

• Which model HP Sprocket do you use?
  • Have you tried using a different USB/charging cable and check?
  • Charge the printer with a USB power source of at least 2 AMPs. If you charge the printer using a computer USB port or Hub, the printer might not receive enough power to charge properly.
  • Charge the printer for more than 120 minutes. HP recommends you charge the printer up to 120 minutes or until the Charging Indicator light turns green. However, you can charge the printer for longer than 120 minutes, which might increase battery life.

To know how to reset the HP Sprocket refer to step 4 from this document. (Skip if already tried)

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
  • Which model HP Sprocket do you use? Model # SNPRH-1603
  • Have you tried using a different USB/charging cable and check? yes, and it didn't work at all still flashes red and green 
  • Charge the printer with a USB power source of at least 2 AMPs. I tried this too and it still flashes red and green.
  • Charge the printer for more than 120 minutes. I tried this as well and it flashes red and green the whole 2 hrs. 

Please help! 

HP Recommended

@Littlejay

Appreciate you trying the steps. This looks like a hardware issue. Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.