Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Sprocket

I have just gotten my sprocket. The first printings I did were awesome, then it told me I had a firmware update, and I did it, and now every picture has a dark blue tint. Every person looks like they belong to the Fugates Family. I have followed every step by step, I’ve reset, turned off, turned on, looked for firmware updates, and did the hokey pokey and nothing is putting it back to the way it was when I first opened it. I need help.

It is clearly an issue with the latest firmware, as the cyan is left open as it prints. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@MGHopper

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that you are getting print quality issues, follow these steps to fix the issue.

Clean the Sprocket paper path rollers

1. Remove the Paper Cover, and then remove any photo paper from the input tray.

2. Check the photo paper and remove any severely bent, wrinkled, or torn photo paper from the stack.

3. Reload the photo paper with the colored card on the bottom of the stack with the barcode facing down.

4. Replace the Paper Cover, and then wait while the Sprocket detects and cleans the paper path rollers with the colored card.

If the Sprocket does not automatically detect the colored card, send a print job to manually start the cleaning process.

Refer to this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes I have done that so many times I can't count. I stated I did all of the normal things in my original post. I read that others were having this same issue. So I did what they were told to do, IT is still BLUE

HP Recommended

@MGHopper

This seems to be a hardware issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So your link, doesn't recognize my my Serial Number, and then when I try going in as the type and put in my serial number I get 

Error: We were unable to validate the serial number and add this product to your profile. Please visit your dashboard to add the product at another time. The contact options listed below are still valid.

Im so done with this whole thing. It is a Firmware issue. I have wasted so much money on Zink paper and the TIME I spent trying to configure my pictures to print just a little less blue. Im ready for a refund! 

HP Recommended

@MGHopper

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.